Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinecrest next weekend

The 5 year old is a little spark plug, not concerned with his stamina in the least. But the trail and boulder hopping necessary to fish my favorite stretch of water would be difficult when I worry about them carrying a rod and making casts or falling in.
    The 8 year old is jaded already fishing wise, but little guy will happy catching a few

Post Thanks / Like

O come on....I have 3 girls ages 3,5, and 7 and they walked all the way around the lake this summer. I M sure a 5 year old can get it done to the dam if you want to try. Ice cream at the marina was the goal for my girls

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure it's feasible with a 5 year old but if there's any way you can make it to the inlet, I'd try there. When I've fished it in the fall in prior years, fish were thick. One year, fish were trying to scale a large granite slab that water was pouring over into the lake. It was pretty neat, almost as though their spawning instincts were kicking in.
    Last edited by dilbeck; 10-31-2018 at 01:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I bet by even there this late in the year but have been there a few times in early October and did ok. Powerbait for sure I like chartreuse on a sliding sinker rig. If you donít get bites in 20 mins I would walk maybe 50-100 down and try a different spot. Usually once you find 1 you will find a few. If you want to walk a little more hike past the marina to the dam and you can toss spinners and kastmasters and probably do ok too

Post Thanks / Like

Bring the Muck boots, got it!

Post Thanks / Like

They really draw her down this time of year. You should still be able to get some fish on a slider with powerbait.

Post Thanks / Like

Pinecrest next weekend

Iím headed to Strawberry for a family reunion next weekend. Typically I would go fish the middle fork of the Stani, but this time Iíll have my 5 year old and my 8 year old in tow. The eight-year-old and I can work a stream together but I donít feel safe with both of them in that terrain.
    If I take them to Pinecrest and fish from the bank do we stand a chance of getting a few bites this time of year? I see that it hasnít been planted in a while.
    I have not fished it before, And I really donít have much intention of fishing it again, but if I could get the five-year-old to reel in a few I think he would be happy.