Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Slow day at Garcia on Saturday

Made it back out Friday with a buddy...started up by the pillars at the minnow hole and once again..had a fish on before I even got a second rod in the water!!..12 lb hen this one with some color..saw a couple guys next to us hook up too..figured my buddy would get his pretty quickly but ended up fishing til around 2 before we had any more action..missed a takedown then had one stick within the next 5 mins..down below Freeport..his just under 10 but a nice fresh fish..all on silvertrons..going again tomorrow hoping to continue the streak!!

Post Thanks / Like

Was out yesterday for maybe 15 mins...launched at Garcia and headed up to the barges..5 mins in hooked and landed a dime bright 17# hen(silvertron)...fresh fish still smelled like salt water..I'm hoping a sign of some new fish coming up..will be out again tomorrow to test my theory

3. Likes murph, SJ Whaler, jjb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update guys. I was thinking about heading back up to Garcia this upcoming Saturday morning but will hold off until I hear better catching reports. I am also glad I am not the only one still using K14's. It is what I know and has worked in the past for me. I do have the flasher/Cut Plug setups stored away in my boat and will definitely try it out this month sometime.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just George View Post
    Son, his GF and I launched out of West Sac Sunday 7:30am and sat on the hook at the mouth of the American for a couple of hours with 3 or 4 other boats. We were using wrapped K-14s.

Sea Lions were doing all the catching while the rest of us fished. We up anchored and trolled down to Miller and back to the mouth twice. Trolled the Kwiks, Silvertrons and Flaying As. No hits. Talked to many guys, no fish

We launched out of Discovery on Monday at 6:15am. Lots of boats and many more coming in. Sat again at the mouth for about an hour watching the Sea Lions catching again. Up anchored and again trolled down past Miller this time to the levee work site and back to Discovery. Of all the guys we talked to only two boats reported at total of 3-fish.

Talked to DFG at Discovery Ramp. They said to up around Verona to loose the Sea Lions.

Well maybe next weekend. Very nice fishing weather and lots of other great fishing guys out on both days. All things considered another great day on the Sacramento River.

Just George
    Just means the salmon are making theyre way to the AR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Son, his GF and I launched out of West Sac Sunday 7:30am and sat on the hook at the mouth of the American for a couple of hours with 3 or 4 other boats. We were using wrapped K-14s.

Sea Lions were doing all the catching while the rest of us fished. We up anchored and trolled down to Miller and back to the mouth twice. Trolled the Kwiks, Silvertrons and Flaying As. No hits. Talked to many guys, no fish

We launched out of Discovery on Monday at 6:15am. Lots of boats and many more coming in. Sat again at the mouth for about an hour watching the Sea Lions catching again. Up anchored and again trolled down past Miller this time to the levee work site and back to Discovery. Of all the guys we talked to only two boats reported at total of 3-fish.

Talked to DFG at Discovery Ramp. They said to up around Verona to loose the Sea Lions.

Well maybe next weekend. Very nice fishing weather and lots of other great fishing guys out on both days. All things considered another great day on the Sacramento River.

Just George
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

I was on a friends boat Saturday also, we launched at Garcia Bend. We drifted the Minnow Hole to Garcia's.,for nothing. Perfect looking day, water glassy, clear, nice drift . that's code for fishing stinks.
    Nobody else we ran across with or talked to had any fish.

Today I thought about fishing Salior Bar, so I went there to see what's happening only to discover that area was closed to Salmon fishing on November 1st.....

Oh well I will put my focus back on striper fishing. Once in a while I stumble across a Salmon that way.

Out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by folide View Post
    I should have gotten a hint by the low number of trailers in the parking lot. It seems I went right in between the Fall run and Late Fall run. Did not see hardly any caught. Helped out a boat that ran out of gas and they had caught one. Only one I saw caught. When does the Late Fall run start?

Note: I was still fishing with sardine wrapped K14's. I know this is not the preferred method now but I was successful the last two times I went out. Limited out both times early/mid October.

I was fishing off the bank this morning in the Sac. Nothing until the incoming tide just started then 2-12lbs salmon within 2 minutes of each other for 12 guys, that was it. Last Friday morning 3 salmon, Saturday morning 5 salmon, Sunday morning 3, another 2 in the late afternoon for about 12 guys. The past 2 years I've done well the first 2 weeks of Nov with late fall run salmon that show up in Nov to about Jan. The ocean was doing great with limits with late fall run salmon the last 2 weeks of Oct so they are coming up but it's a smaller run than the fall run. When it rains and the water gets brown in the Sac that's it. Season over on the Sac 12/16.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely a hit and miss these past couple of outings. Didnt get any last Saturday and got a jack this Saturday, the 3rd.

Post Thanks / Like

I went out yesterday from Miller to Garcia for nada. Did not see anyone catch a fish. We used Silvertrons, K14's and 360 flasher/cut plug set ups.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by folide View Post
    I should have gotten a hint by the low number of trailers in the parking lot. It seems I went right in between the Fall run and Late Fall run. Did not see hardly any caught. Helped out a boat that ran out of gas and they had caught one. Only one I saw caught. When does the Late Fall run start?

Note: I was still fishing with sardine wrapped K14's. I know this is not the preferred method now but I was successful the last two times I went out. Limited out both times early/mid October.
    Thats what all the guides are using now, (Im being serious). I think Right Hook Sportfishing set off the new OLD trend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast