Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rio Vista 2-3 November 2018

Just plugs. < I need to correct my post, it is just plugs but with a modification. What I like about the Brad's gear is the ability to modify for the fishery and the one I have been using lately has increased my strikes this past fall. I have opted not to run the line through the top hole of the plug. Doing that has made the lure swim in a circular spin but with a thump or big wobble every few seconds. Of course skipping that hole could cause some line wear as the line exits the garage section of the lure so in order to mitigate that issue... I use surgical tubing with two beads inside the garage to allow the line to skip the last hole but still be protected from the potential wear. Here are some pictures of the modification:
    a1.jpga3.jpg a2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RideNfish View Post
    Good job. We tried out there a couple of times a few weeks ago for no love. The previous years we never got skunked.
    May I ask if you had flashers or just the plugs? Looks like just plugs. I usually have flashers but not always.
    Cheers,
    Last edited by acldo6390; 11-10-2018 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Additional info

Post Thanks / Like

Good job. We tried out there a couple of times a few weeks ago for no love. The previous years we never got skunked.
    May I ask if you had flashers or just the plugs? Looks like just plugs. I usually have flashers but not always.
    Cheers,

Post Thanks / Like

Check your PM.

Quote Originally Posted by retired View Post
    Good fishing Mark Glad you had a great day. I missed you out there this year. I may try next week again a couple times. I had the best year ever going to the Brad's cut plugs or the super bait. Still more fish coming into the system My buddy caught 2 on Wednesday at Garcia Bend a 31lb & 15lb for him and his friend Hope to see you out there sometime soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Good fishing Mark Glad you had a great day. I missed you out there this year. I may try next week again a couple times. I had the best year ever going to the Brad's cut plugs or the super bait. Still more fish coming into the system My buddy caught 2 on Wednesday at Garcia Bend a 31lb & 15lb for him and his friend Hope to see you out there sometime soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Rio Vista 2-3 November 2018

Late report but wanted to let you know that last weekend was a good one. Limits for two on Friday and Saturday. All fish caught were on Brad's cut plugs, trolled at 1.75 mph in 19' of water. Chrome fish are out there, get out and do some battles with the sea lions, we had one follow us around both days but we were victorious.

3.jpg
    6.jpg
    1.jpg
    8.jpg

6. Dislikes Waterdog disliked this post