Thread: Need Help

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need Help

Thanks GW208, Im going to check that out. Im hoping to go hit some local canals tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never fished there but have seen some fishing access sites along a slough at San Luis National Wildlife Refuge that might be worth a look.
    Also maybe O'Neill Forebay or Los Banos Creek Res. to the west of Los Banos.

https://www.fws.gov/Refuge/San_Luis/...ctivities.html

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the boards. I do not know anything about your area but hopefully someone here can give you some advice. I do not recall anyone ever posting about your area.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Need Help

Hello Everyone,

I am a new member to this sight and have recently moved to the Central Valley (Chowchilla to be exact). I am originally from the Bay Area and have fished Saltwater out of a boat my entire life. Well now I have no boat and no Saltwater nearby. I have fished locally for Catfish and have done ok. Does anyone have any decent spots that they know of within a 1 hour drive from Chowchilla for Cats? Ive been trying the Mendota Canal. Is it too cold for Cats right now? I have been using clams, liver, chovies and crawlers. The biggest Cat Ive caught was close to 2lbs and everything else has been 1lb and under. If anyone can help to put me on some fish I would appreciate it.