Post Thanks / Like

Re: Up to the Port,,, Sac..Dec 15' 2018 Saturday

Nice fish

Post Thanks / Like

I was out there around the same time and it was weirdly slow, like ... mega slow. Couldn’t even pick up the little dudes or a bluegill on a worm - didn’t even see any baitfish roaming around. Glad to see someone else was cashing in though - nice catch!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bnjrmyn View Post
    Nice report, radoncraft. I had similar issues on Saturday on the SJ side. Found several schools of fish, one, in particular against West Island that appeared to have fish feeding on bait. But they didn’t seem to care about my spoon.
    I was able to catch 2 stripers to 19’ near cabin slough on the spoon. Also caught a 14 or so inch fish that I couldn’t ID on a swimbait in the same area near some tulles.
    Water was around 53 degrees, visibility about the same as what you reported. Cheers
    Good information, thanks for the report Been.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report, radoncraft. I had similar issues on Saturday on the SJ side. Found several schools of fish, one, in particular against West Island that appeared to have fish feeding on bait. But they didn’t seem to care about my spoon.
    I was able to catch 2 stripers to 19’ near cabin slough on the spoon. Also caught a 14 or so inch fish that I couldn’t ID on a swimbait in the same area near some tulles.
    Water was around 53 degrees, visibility about the same as what you reported. Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fish_junky View Post
    Great report. We have been fishing it pretty regularly with same results. Seem to be a lot of cookie cutter 22 inchers or shakers.
    Agreed they are all the smaller types, but never the less, fun.

Once everything else gets blown out, this will be the only game in town, or at least we will have to really work for them everywhere else.

I saw an odd thing while trolling shallow on the Sacramento side, in the tall dried brush, I could see the silouett of a large animal moving across. Looked too big for a coyote, the shape of it reminded me of a mountain lion.... Didn't think much of it until later,, was that a lion.....hum. oh well.

Post Thanks / Like

Great report. We have been fishing it pretty regularly with same results. Seem to be a lot of cookie cutter 22 inchers or shakers.
    2017, 20ft Gregor Eagle, 100hp Honda, 9.9 Honda, 80 lb Riptide, 4 Scotty 1106's

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Up to the Port,,, Sac..Dec 15' 2018 Saturday

Decided to hit the Sac Port area today. Long cold drive heading north . Most of the water heading that way is browned up. It does not clear up until about mile before the Red roof house. There was a ton of bait in that whole area and some fish. I did not get hits the way I expected I would. I jigged through the bait clouds, and the bottom, but no takers. They must not have liked what I was offering. A lot of this activity was in open water. I also threw Rattlers at them, but no response. Birds were sitting on the water but none of them were working. I'm thinking maybe the fish are full and not attacking or maybe the moon is not in the right phase. Back to old tactics, trolling.... I worked the 14ft. Depth strictly. My usually friend Xrap was working. I finished the day with six keeper stripes up to 22 inches, and one keeper Blackbass., Several undersized stripes. Actually one keeper stripe and the Blackbass came in Minor Slough, and one keeper stripes came on the way to the Port. The other four were from the Port. Location to be more exact was between the Red roof house and the palm tree,,, that part you will have to figure out, some of you already know the area.
    Some fog slowed me down for a while, but burned off. Water temperature in the area I was in, was 54 - 55*f, much warmer than in Minor. Water clarity in the area I was fishing was only about 1 1/2 ft. ,, It was kind of a light green haze color.

I attached one picture of many bait schools and one of a stripe.

Long ride, glad I was rewarded.

Out
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Likes Paintguy, Katch, salmonid, RideNfish, LONO100 liked this post