Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for striper and sturgeon

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

No problem. Grizzly Island Rd. is open year round and there are many places to pull off the road and fish the banks, although they sometimes close it during heavy rains and flooding, so right now may not be the best time to go. Once you reach the gates of Grizzly Island Wildlife area, you may see closures at different times of the year due to hunting, or environmental, or other reasons. Here's a number you can call for more info: (707) 425-3828

Post Thanks / Like

LONO, thanks for that info on Dillon. I'm sorry to hear about your friend...I may check that out on my own and take the kids to the pier. Definitely going down grizzly island rd. Only been out as far as Hill Slough so far. Are there restrictions to what time of year you can fish grizzly island? Because of hunting?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jncc920 View Post
    Hey thanks for that! I'll add those to my list.

Speaking of state parks...anyone ever fish Dillon Point? It's part of the Benicia SRA by the Carquinez Strait.

If you live in Vacaville, a quick drive down Grizzly Island Rd. will bring you to Belden's Landing, plenty of bank spots there for stripes and dinos. Drive past the bridge and you will find more bank spots, just watch for snags.

Dillon Pt, is where a lot of guys toss spinners for salmon during the fall run, but I have heard of stripes being caught out there too. Cross the bridge and fish the Carquinez shoreline for decent striper action during the spring and fall months. Dinos can be caught from there too. Stay on Eckley pier if you have kids with you. The train tracks are right up against the banks and you need to keep your head on swivel sometimes. I lost a friend about 10 years ago when he was struck by a train while fishing the banks after his dog got loose. He chased after him and didn't even realize a train was coming down the track as he made his way up the bank. Good luck and let us know how you do.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the OP has left the building. 2 posts on 12/18 asking for places to fish and not heard from since.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post

There is bank fishing opportunities at Brannan Island State Park as well as a public fishing pier in Rio Vista. Also, bank fishing at Sandy Beach County Park (also Rio Vista) can be excellent.
    Hey thanks for that! I'll add those to my list.

Speaking of state parks...anyone ever fish Dillon Point? It's part of the Benicia SRA by the Carquinez Strait.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=nb07bcar;1161584]I went to the delta today and bank fished. By the powerlines south of Rio Vista. Nothing but 9" striper stealing chicken livers. Got nothing on my eel. Saw only 2 boats but 10 bank fishermen. I would love to know maybe some better bank spot for dinos.[/QUOTE

There is bank fishing opportunities at Brannan Island State Park as well as a public fishing pier in Rio Vista. Also, bank fishing at Sandy Beach County Park (also Rio Vista) can be excellent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jncc920 View Post
    Sorry for highjacking this, but since the OP didn't respond I will..anyone suggest a bank spot for both tuxedos and dinos? I live in Vacaville so I'm usually in the sloughs of Suisun. Mostly looking for striper spots for my kids, but wouldn't mind trying sturgeon from the banks when I can't get out on my buddy's boat, lol. Thanks

I went to the delta today and bank fished. By the powerlines south of Rio Vista. Nothing but 9" striper stealing chicken livers. Got nothing on my eel. Saw only 2 boats but 10 bank fishermen. I would love to know maybe some better bank spot for dinos.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for highjacking this, but since the OP didn't respond I will..anyone suggest a bank spot for both tuxedos and dinos? I live in Vacaville so I'm usually in the sloughs of Suisun. Mostly looking for striper spots for my kids, but wouldn't mind trying sturgeon from the banks when I can't get out on my buddy's boat, lol. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I assumed you have a boat but that is not clear. We really need to know if you will be in a boat or fishing from the bank.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast