Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: A question of game wardens ??

Quote Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
    OR the "hidden warden" has already checked boat numbers and vehicle license plates to see if fishing licenses correspond, as well as watched your actions to see what "type" YOU are! All before personal contact. Just saying

Love computers and technology.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A question of game wardens ??

Just their present will make the poachers nervous. A warden out is better then not seeing one at all
    dont take life to serious, let go and smile to see what your missing out on

3. Likes jjb liked this post
    SET THE HOOK!!!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

OR the "hidden warden" has already checked boat numbers and vehicle license plates to see if fishing licenses correspond, as well as watched your actions to see what "type" YOU are! All before personal contact. Just saying

5. Likes Chrome Seeker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

First day of the year/season. He probably would give anyone a break on the license anyway. Unless they failed the attitude test. Most wardens realize that honest mistakes can be made. They also profile. So if you look like you're doing something wrong they would likely give you a better look. I've been stopped and had cursory checks and had other times they went through everything. Not all stops are equal.
    A veteran - Whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to the "United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is an Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

7. Likes BigUnInDaBoat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wardens should ask for punch cards .

9. Likes BigUnInDaBoat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wardens can never win. It’s either “why aren’t they there?!” Or “he was an ass, tossed all my stuff, he would cite his mother”, or “he’s too nice”.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishwrong2 View Post
    Was it a Warden you talked to. They have biologist and surveyors who collect samples and data who are not sworn officers. Not sure if that was the case or not.

As with anything else, one person will complain they aren't checking everyone, the next will ask why they're being harassed. Having a presence in green on the water opening day of a high traffic area is a good thing in my book. Also wouldn't be surprised if there were others in the area you didn't see. They have a tough job. I'd like to think we give them the benefit of the doubt.

Glad to hear you got into a nice one. Love that spot.
    yea. he looked as if he had been around . he know what he looking for . for those types!!! i`ll tell you what , they drive some Sweeeet trucks . not a fan of the Forest green , but I understand why it is . .

A Life spent fishing, is never wasted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stefanoflo View Post
    ... I finally saw a Game warden walking the river side Banks . just talking and saying hello. asking how the fishing was. but I never saw him ask or to see any License or even a steelhead Card. he never asked me for anything but a hello, how are you and a happy new year. It makes me wonder why he even showed up!!

Darn if you do, darn if you don't .

It's almost like a "John" complaining to a hooker who gave him the clap.
    Where the hooker answered, "I didn't give you the clap...you paid for it" .

Warden was probably given orders to just be pleasant one day out of the year and that was on opening day .

13. Likes MKE, Chrome Seeker, Kaban12, zipperman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was it a Warden you talked to. They have biologist and surveyors who collect samples and data who are not sworn officers. Not sure if that was the case or not.

As with anything else, one person will complain they aren't checking everyone, the next will ask why they're being harassed. Having a presence in green on the water opening day of a high traffic area is a good thing in my book. Also wouldn't be surprised if there were others in the area you didn't see. They have a tough job. I'd like to think we give them the benefit of the doubt.

Glad to hear you got into a nice one. Love that spot.

15. Likes dsa2780, Plug-n-Jug, Chrome Seeker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They do not always ask to see licenses. I walked up to the cleaning station last year at pedro with 10 very large trout, while my buddy prepped the boat. He was more interested on how and where we caught them. Never asked to see a license or why I was "in possession" of 10. I think when they see you have a passion for fishing and know what the hell you are doing, and have a good amount of money invested in gear they just know you're legit.

17. Likes gb steel, MtnFisher liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast