Post Thanks / Like

Re: American report 1/4/19

Makes sense, thanks for the tip!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: American report 1/4/19

Quote Originally Posted by Chromechaser View Post
    After a successful opener, I headed back to Sailor Bar Park on 1/4 bar drifting roe and a little float fishing, for only 1 tap on roe. There are fish moving and holding water, in my opinion they seemed a bit pressured. I had one fish sneak up on me and was within arms reach. Drifting roe near it, the fish swam over to the roe but passed when the drift snagged a rock, seems like presentation is extremely critical. Overall I covered over a mile of river, those fly fishing, did well in quite a few spots. I have a 7wt fly rod I only used once, I think it time to learn some new techniques!!!

Here's a video of the day:

Tight lines all!
    The reason those fly guys are 'doing so well' is because they're flossing steelhead off their redds in 1-3 ft of water. It's not a good look. As a rule of thumb, if the steelhead are swimming between your legs, you probably should head for deeper water. Good that you got out and covered some water without stomping through it and congrats on your sentimental steelie. Pops would be proud :)

3. Likes SteelyMan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

American report 1/4/19

After a successful opener, I headed back to Sailor Bar Park on 1/4 bar drifting roe and a little float fishing, for only 1 tap on roe. There are fish moving and holding water, in my opinion they seemed a bit pressured. I had one fish sneak up on me and was within arms reach. Drifting roe near it, the fish swam over to the roe but passed when the drift snagged a rock, seems like presentation is extremely critical. Overall I covered over a mile of river, those fly fishing, did well in quite a few spots. I have a 7wt fly rod I only used once, I think it time to learn some new techniques!!!

Here's a video of the day:

Tight lines all!
    Last edited by Chromechaser; 01-05-2019 at 08:27 PM.