Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lower Moke river happenings

Birds of prey congregate on the lower stretches of valley rivers and feed on trout and steelhead this time of year. The snow pushes them down to the lower elevations. Some are resident birds of prey and others are migrants.

I even saw a small Coopers hawk pounce on a trout about 10ft from the river bank, it then flopped across the water with its catch and ate it under some berry bushes.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2. Likes bigfin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Borax/sugar cure. 3 parts to 1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saizo View Post
    Yesterday was my first day on the water this year. I hooked six fish and landed 4 on roe. 14-18inches. All wild. The two i lost were around 5 lbs. they both jumped at least 3-4 times. Last jump the hook comes flying back at me. Second fish did the exact as the first. Even though you can fish barbs there i usually pinch them down for easier releases. After i lost those two bigger fish i stopped pinching them lol. Not bad for 2.5hrs. Lots of fly fisherman on the water.
    Those sound like some jumbo central valleys. On your roe out there are you going natural or sulfate cure?

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday was my first day on the water this year. I hooked six fish and landed 4 on roe. 14-18inches. All wild. The two i lost were around 5 lbs. they both jumped at least 3-4 times. Last jump the hook comes flying back at me. Second fish did the exact as the first. Even though you can fish barbs there i usually pinch them down for easier releases. After i lost those two bigger fish i stopped pinching them lol. Not bad for 2.5hrs. Lots of fly fisherman on the water.
    Yea they were Jumping on me too.Love it . Need to bring me some salmon eggs !!, seems they are bigger this years as in the past . great river great management. lets hope it stays that way.

A Life spent fishing, is never wasted.

Post Thanks / Like

7. Likes CAL.NDN, radoncraft liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Triangle mark is prob done by a bird. I would suspect egrets or ospreys. The moke is crazy low in some places. I think i talked to you as you were leaving Stef. Was that you that fell in the water?
    DUDE!!!!
    thats was me,, Thats Funny!
    ****!!!! How you been Friend??? . get any Fish at the places I told you about???

Post Thanks / Like

Triangle mark is prob done by a bird. I would suspect egrets or ospreys. The moke is crazy low in some places. I think i talked to you as you were leaving Stef. Was that you that fell in the water?

Post Thanks / Like

Otter got her?

Post Thanks / Like

Lower Moke river happenings

what happened here????103_3802.jpg103_3799.jpg103_3800.jpg

the other was a half pounder around 17-18 inches that had a 12mm in here side and size 12 hook . I released her, Granted a hatchery fish ,but after having a hook in her side she deserved to get bigger as a was the one that had a piece taken out of her and still took a worm .
    funny how Mother nature works.
    Last edited by stefanoflo; 01-10-2019 at 02:31 PM.