Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Topaz in the Park.

Quote Originally Posted by MtnFisher View Post
    Avoid cotton clothing in those temps, one never knows when they might get wet. I wear wool socks, and wool baselayers if it's real cold. Hypothermia can set in even if you make it to shore, and might be stranded.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Hypothermia can happen quickly, I remember a few years back at being at Pyramid and we visited at friend who was fishing the nets on a ladder. He came in to talk to us and was hypothermic. I helped him into his truck after he stripped off his waders and he was soaked. He did not realize how bad his condition was. I just think they all three were exposed. If you dip a leg or get your feet wet you can be exposed because the cold does not go away and your blood pumps cold to your core and causes hypothermia to set in...….Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

2. Likes Captain Compassion, Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Echetino View Post
    I was fishing with my son that morning and we saw these guys pulling in to Topaz, as we were pulling out, and I remember doing a double-take when I saw their boat. It's a sad situation to lose people, so I hope their families can find comfort in some way. And I'm hopeful the witnesses can find some peace of mind after watching something like that. Be safe and aware out there everyone, things can happen fast.
    Tony is a pretty strong fella, he and his friend Jim went back a couple of days later and fished the north end. Tony is a long time resident of Nevada. It is just sad that sort of thing happens, I too feel for their families loss.....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Avoid cotton clothing in those temps, one never knows when they might get wet. I wear wool socks, and wool baselayers if it's real cold. Hypothermia can set in even if you make it to shore, and might be stranded.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was fishing with my son that morning and we saw these guys pulling in to Topaz, as we were pulling out, and I remember doing a double-take when I saw their boat. It's a sad situation to lose people, so I hope their families can find comfort in some way. And I'm hopeful the witnesses can find some peace of mind after watching something like that. Be safe and aware out there everyone, things can happen fast.

7. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skylark65 View Post
    that's good information to know, thanks for sharing
    I took so many safety courses over my working years your head would spin, my personal favorite was the 4 times I went to Texas A & M for fire school, really cool stuff and I had a good time......Jetspray

https://teex.org/Pages/fire-and-emergency-services.aspx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    Swimming is not the question for that, the nighttime temps hit the double digit range at the lower end, that makes the water about a foot down close to freezing, then as you get closer to 7 feet down you get a somewhat warmer range as the heat rises, that layer is below the person who falls in. First you struggle even with a pfd on due to panic somewhat, if you still are afloat your arms and legs begin to freeze first and work towards your core, legs and arms stop, then your core stops. There is no question about the result even if you have a PFD on or not, you need rescue and you need immediate attention for hypothermia, or end of story...…..Jetspray

that's good information to know, thanks for sharing

10. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Copied from the story at www.carsonow.org

The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office has identified those involved involved in a fatal boating accident that happened Saturday at Topaz Lake.

The deceased have been identified as Burt Pederson of Sparks. Jesse Gregory, also of Sparks, remains missing as of late Sunday morning as is presumed to have drowned.

Scott Wise was also involved in the accident, in which the boat they were in capsized, was taken Carson Valley Medical Center. Wise was released from CVMC after treatment.

They found the second guy today in 22' of water.
    http://www.ktvn.com/story/39779447/t...-in-topaz-lake

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skylark65 View Post
    thanks
    The main thing is vacuum work with anything you use to treat the flesh of the fish. When you vacuum seal anything with either liquid or solid (dry rubs) you infuse the flavor of what you like to eat. I personally do not like liquids because they are mostly ketchup based or tomato based, so I like most of the dry rubs or anything without the ketchup base...…..Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don - Nevada View Post
    Copied from the story at www.casonnow.org

The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office has identified those involved in a fatal boating accident that happened Saturday at Topaz Lake.The deceased have been identified as Burt Pederson of Sparks. Jesse Gregory, also of Sparks, remains missing as of late Sunday morning as is presumed to have drowned.
    Scott Wise was also involved in the accident, in which the boat they were in capsized, was taken Carson Valley Medical Center. Wise was released from CVMC after treatment.
    My question of the whole incident who was the owner of the plastic boat and ultimately responsible for the loss of life, I pay a bunch of cash for the insurance and responsibility of my boat. I have a 750 limit on my boat, myself I weigh 330 lbs, my kicker is about 140 lbs, that leaves me with 280 and I have extra gear in the boxes, so I can only fish with one other person and their gear......Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Copied from the story at www.casonnow.org

The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office has identified those involved in a fatal boating accident that happened Saturday at Topaz Lake.The deceased have been identified as Burt Pederson of Sparks. Jesse Gregory, also of Sparks, remains missing as of late Sunday morning as is presumed to have drowned.

15. Likes burninfuel, Jetspray liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast