Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: American River Steelhead at 14 LBS caught!!

Quote Originally Posted by CAL.NDN View Post
    Yup big that's him and yea he is both lucky and good lol. But I know he probably didnt learn to put his rod in one of the four holders he has on his yak! Lmfao. First time I took him there about a decade ago he had to go running and waste deep to grab his rod and got the rod and the fish! Almost lost one a couple weeks before that too got the rod before it got drug in that time. I think that's why he has 8 rods in his kayak he say its because he dont like to have keep switching methods so he set up for all applications, but I beg to differ! ;)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Oh Yeah LMFAO gotta get him a scuba mask for Xmas let him figure out why :) tightlines always , BF

2. Likes CAL.NDN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup big that's him and yea he is both lucky and good lol. But I know he probably didnt learn to put his rod in one of the four holders he has on his yak! Lmfao. First time I took him there about a decade ago he had to go running and waste deep to grab his rod and got the rod and the fish! Almost lost one a couple weeks before that too got the rod before it got drug in that time. I think that's why he has 8 rods in his kayak he say its because he dont like to have keep switching methods so he set up for all applications, but I beg to differ! ;)

THE TUG IS MY DRUG & THE WATER IS MY DRINK.

4. Likes bigfin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea that's my cousin. I took pictures that day also. We have caught many in the 14 lb range through the years my biggest was 17 1/2 lb male on Ar. So do I believe yes but you never know until you see.

Chris is that the same cousin that lost that pole at amador ? He's pretty good or just lucky couldn't believe he caught the line then hand reeled them both in , haven't seen that in awhile !!!! I was thinking that guy looks familiar !

6. Likes CAL.NDN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My biggest from 2002, 13.5lbs. Yes, that is a yard stick.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Likes CAL.NDN, Kaban12, BigUnInDaBoat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea that's my cousin. I took pictures that day also. We have caught many in the 14 lb range through the years my biggest was 17 1/2 lb male on Ar. So do I believe yes but you never know until you see.

I see your enjoying the peaceful fishing in your kayak nowadays. 👍

10. Likes CAL.NDN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mark1 View Post

This steelhead was caught in Jan. '16. This is also from an article in the fishsniffer about the opener in '16 from 1/18/16. It's probably under 10lbs.
    The quote below is from the same article claiming a 24lber was caught there in '02, no picture, so it's a fish story. I've also heard of steelhead caught in the mid teens there.

"American River steelhead
    are the largest ones found in the Central Valley system, due to their Eel River ancestry and excellent forage conditions found on the America. A fisherman tossing out a Little Cleo in February 2002 caught and released a wild steelhead/rainbow weighing 24.02 pounds, the largest ever documented on the American."
    Any thing is Possible as long as your line is in the Right water, Right Time .Right Spot

A Life spent fishing, is never wasted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mark1 View Post

This steelhead was caught in Jan. '16. This is also from an article in the fishsniffer about the opener in '16 from 1/18/16. It's probably under 10lbs.
    The quote below is from the same article claiming a 24lber was caught there in '02, no picture, so it's a fish story. I've also heard of steelhead caught in the mid teens there.

are the largest ones found in the Central Valley system, due to their Eel River ancestry and excellent forage conditions found on the America. A fisherman tossing out a Little Cleo in February 2002 caught and released a wild steelhead/rainbow weighing 24.02 pounds, the largest ever documented on the American."

THE TUG IS MY DRUG & THE WATER IS MY DRINK.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigUnInDaBoat View Post
    there was a huge one caught a few years ago? I searched for the post in here but couldn't find it.

Last edited by Mark1; 01-14-2019 at 05:37 PM.

14. Likes Kaban12, CAL.NDN, BigUnInDaBoat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Datster_2000 View Post
    There are absolutely NO big fish in the river. Ignore the radio and everybody stay home. more for me.......
    Yea!! No big fish here!!!but small fish that love 4LBS test lines and small Offerings.Stay home and stay warm and dry
    Let the Fishing fools fish the Americans!!!since they have no Life anyway!!!!................

A Life spent fishing, is never wasted.

Post Thanks / Like

there was a huge one caught a few years ago? I searched for the post in here but couldn't find it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast