Post Thanks / Like

Re: Delta Water Conditions

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    Took a drive yesterday from Freeport to Rio Vista on the River Rd. The whole way the river was chocolate milk. But what concerned me was the amount of debris floating in the water. I saw whole trees, large logs, branches, man made objects like doors, dock parts and other unknown objects. Also saw rafts of vegetative materials. I saw no boats on the water between Freeport and Vierras. Not a single boat trailer at Clarksberg launch ramp area. If you take your boat out there Id advise extreme caution, a lot of things that could rip a hole in the bottom or destroy a prop.
    The only fishermen I saw was about a dozen bankers spread out at the Clarksberg park.
    I just wanted to FYI ya all if you are thinking about taking your boats out there.
    You beat me to the punch. I was going to report on that also. I have a little more to add though.
    I fished the Eddo's area, with lots of hysion and grass as expected, also covered Collinsville to Sherman. The water in most area's is browned up, but there are some area's where visibility is about one foot. Unfortunately it didn't do me much good. I finished with two 17 incher's and lost one small keeper stripe at the boat. I spoke to a fish and game warden when I returned. He told me so far out of the boats he talked to , only two had some keeper stripes. I listened to two boats talking while I was in the Collinsville area that seem to be doing pretty good. The one boat said he had a couple of keeper stripes, one sturgeon, a catfish, and he said Halibut,,,, probably meant flounder. There were quite a few boats in that area. The water everywhere was 49*f . The fog was off and on, depending on where you were.
    On the way back, I drove past Minor and that is chocolate also.
    I might take next week off since the conditions look so bad.
    ISE next week.
    Thanks for your report, I'm sure others can use that info.

2. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Delta Water Conditions

Took a drive yesterday from Freeport to Rio Vista on the River Rd. The whole way the river was chocolate milk. But what concerned me was the amount of debris floating in the water. I saw whole trees, large logs, branches, man made objects like doors, dock parts and other unknown objects. Also saw rafts of vegetative materials. I saw no boats on the water between Freeport and Vierras. Not a single boat trailer at Clarksberg launch ramp area. If you take your boat out there Id advise extreme caution, a lot of things that could rip a hole in the bottom or destroy a prop.
    The only fishermen I saw was about a dozen bankers spread out at the Clarksberg park.
    I just wanted to FYI ya all if you are thinking about taking your boats out there.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

4. Likes CDK, TBSP, Don's, radoncraft, zipperman liked this post