Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking to buy a wet weather jacket

global blank $30 on amazon

Post Thanks / Like

Rothco soft shell jacket on Amazon

Post Thanks / Like

look into a Pancho!!!! easy to wear and easy to cast in and when it stops raining you can fold it up , roll it up and stick it in your vest . When I was In basic during Bivouacked and it rained ,we all had Poncho`s and it worked while we carried our weapon!!! I fish with one and i`ve had people saying that's great Idea to carry a Pancho while fishing in the rain. But Then again i`m the same Guy that Posted an Umbrella hat on the Fishsniffer forum too!!..

A Life spent fishing, is never wasted.

Post Thanks / Like

Rain will be back on starting this Friday. You'll get to test out your jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Datster_2000 View Post
    Thanks to all that have posted. I have one, now I need it to rain again.

5. Likes Datster_2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all that have posted. I have one, now I need it to rain again.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if you found a rain jacket, but any will work. Main thing you're looking for in a rain jacket are cuffs, so water doesn't seep into your arms when casting/moving arms around, breathability provided via pit zippers/openings, etc. and a hood, if you don't have a water proof hat.

28GjBtG.jpg

All, I am looking to buy a waterproof jacket (shell) that will go over me and my vest when I'm wearing my waders (would like to get by 1/26) . I don't need insulation or liners as I have even just used the jacket over me when I had a light shirt on during a warmer rain storm (50-60 degrees). I am an XL and would most likely get something XXL or XXXL. I will most likely need it about a dozen time a year and can't spend a fortune. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

8. Likes Datster_2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am looking to get what I need for under $100. Just need to keep dry during the infrequent California rain storms. Thanks All.
    Helly Hansen Mandal $44 on Amazon. I have one as well as the wife, Use it for fishing and duck hunting. It is the best rain jacket I have ever owned. Beats Cabelas, colubia, drake, frogg togg and a few others Ive tried. Durable PVC much like commercial fishing gear. Can get warm if hiking or working in it though. Non insulated and rolls up good to go in the pack. Brad

I actually have the Helly Hanson Impertech delux rain coat, it has the vent on the back and velcro on the sleves, it is also lined on the inside, I sent the Mandal back and got the Impertech coat. $80 on Amazon.
    Last edited by CAGWP; 01-23-2019 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Wrong advice

10. Likes Datster_2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am looking to get what I need for under $100. Just need to keep dry during the infrequent California rain storms. Thanks All.

Look up the website for both Sportsman's Wharehouse-Sunrise/50 and Bass Pro Shop, Rocklin and type in..mens rain jackets, under $100. You'll see some shells too. Might be too late to 'order' if you need it by 1/26 but look at them online, drive to both places and try on what they have there. SW has a few and BP has about 24 jackets online under $100 including a few cheaper shell types. I bought a cheaper black jacket(lgt. shell) at BP. BP has or 'had' a jacket on clearence for $29 from $44, says 'out of stock' but you never know. It's the Helly Hansen Mandel Rain Jacket with hoodie-Army green. Or buy it on Amazon, has 5 star reviews, $44, XXL-4 colors. I own that exact one, Army green XL, very nice, waterproof, non insulated only thin inside fabric and rolls up good.

Last edited by Mark1; 01-23-2019 at 08:37 PM.

12. Likes Datster_2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure of your price range. I have this jacket and it has served me very well. Bass Pro Shops Pro Qualifier GORE-TEX Rain Parka for Men
    Starting at $219.99
    I FISH, THEREFORE I CUSS AND LIE!

15. Likes Datster_2000 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast