Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Smith report 1/24- 1/27

When I was there, 30-40% of people were fly fishing, most of those were doing so near and up stream of Gasquet. That portion and lower than Hiouchi, I'm my humble opinion gives plenty of room to fly fish. Of course I'm plenty green on the fly rod and I'm sure there are plenty of people capable of casting in the canyons.

Post Thanks / Like

That is some beautiful scenery man I really want to really want to go there and try that. River fly fishing though do you saw any fly fisherman ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Taiki View Post
    Nice movie first shot you should have been on the S bank below your location ,then maybe above Ruby N bank. $.02
    Thanks! On part two I hit the launch and then about a mile above Ruby.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice movie first shot you should have been on the S bank below your location ,then maybe above Ruby N bank. $.02

5. Likes RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RideNfish View Post
    I use a chest mount and a hat mount for my camera so no funny looks from me.

May I ask what software you use to edit? I have PowerDirector but it has been giving me such a hard time with glitches I quit editing. I want something free if I can.
    PM sent

Post Thanks / Like

I use a chest mount and a hat mount for my camera so no funny looks from me.

May I ask what software you use to edit? I have PowerDirector but it has been giving me such a hard time with glitches I quit editing. I want something free if I can.

Post Thanks / Like

Not on the Smith, that's a bit too much river for me just yet! The American and Moke will keep me out of the trees and my rod unbroken. I have a 5wt, that I will also chase Sierra trout with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chromechaser View Post
    Weather, clarity, flows, all were good! The fishing not so much, a few hours on Thurs, full days on Fri/Sat, and a hail Mary 2 hour Sunday morning gave me 1 trout, 1 bump, and a handful of snags. All in all, talked to a few people, I wasn't alone in my skepticism of my fishing abilities. Still can't think of a better way to spend 4, clear brisk days than soaking in sights, sounds, and smells of the Smith! If you would like to see parts of my time on the river, check out the video below.

Tight lines all!

Did you work on your flycasting?

Post Thanks / Like

Small world! Thanks. Haha I know, I get looks with a chest mounted camera, I could only imagine the expressions if I ask "are you a sniffer?"
    Tight lines!

Post Thanks / Like

The two guys coming out of your second hole fished (in the vid) was us. Ha! I was in a blue Ford F-150. Small world. I almost want to ask everyone I see, "Are you on the sniffer?".
    Good job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast