Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ICR - Ice Free for Now.

That's ok. I caught my trout for the month. Now it's time to hunker down.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: ICR - Ice Free for Now.

Well at least you were able to get out and do some fishing, just not catching.......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

3. Likes Captain Compassion liked this post
    Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ICR - Ice Free for Now.

The weather in the Eastern Sierra has been beautiful for awhile but that is about to change. From Friday night through Monday heavy rain and snow then the coldest temps of the year. Reports have been showing that ICR was once again ice free. JB Fishing and I had to go up for a look. Jeff arrived at the shore at 0930. Bright sun, light winds, temps in the low 40a, no ice and not another angler on the lake. We fished until 1300. We had several good take downs but managed no fish to the shore. I suspect the cold water made the fish sluggish. That's ok. Skunks are common this year and the beautiful weather made the 13 mile drive well worth the effort. Thanks for the ride Jeff.

CC

ICR, Ice Gone for Now.

Thanks for the ride Jeff
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid