Post Thanks / Like

Re: Net required at the mid!

Quote Originally Posted by Jfitalia View Post
    Why the hell would you stop fishing a lake that requires a net? Why would you want to drag a fish onto the sand? Talk about damaging a fish prior to release
    Kind of the same thing to me when I see a boga type grip on their jaw or someone holding them by the gill area or holding them suspended from their hand. I usually keep them in the net to weigh them and hold them up to my yard sticks before returning them to the water, otherwise just remove the barbless hook and let them go at the waters edge....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

2. Likes Captain Compassion, Troutbead liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
    I was just told by a friend that shore fishers at pyramid must use a net to land fish or risk a ticket? I hope it's not true, I WILL quite fishing there along with a lot of friends. And I bet they sell nets! BULL****

Why the hell would you stop fishing a lake that requires a net? Why would you want to drag a fish onto the sand? Talk about damaging a fish prior to release

4. Likes okie, MtnFisher, Stickman, Troutbead liked this post
    SET THE HOOK!!!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LineStretcher View Post
    He knew it wasn't true when he posted, he's just trying to stir stuff up.
    No, not stirring things just looking for the facts! Stories on the beach aren't always true, as in this case. And yes, more regs. are NOT needed.

aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

He knew it wasn't true when he posted, he's just trying to stir stuff up.

7. Likes Captain Compassion, Troutbead liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just told by a friend that shore fishers at pyramid must use a net to land fish or risk a ticket? I hope it's not true, I WILL quite fishing there along with a lot of friends. And I bet they sell nets! BULL****
    bye bye

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.keepemwet.org/tips#keepemwet-tips

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Requiring a net is enough to chase you away from a lake like Pyramid? For catch and release, nothing beats keeping the fish in a rubber net underwater while you remove the hook. If you don't plan on keeping trout, you should always strive to keep them in the water as much as possible.

aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

No it's not true, it was in the 2018-2019 proposed reg changes but did not make it into the final regs. It is however, included as a recommendation for their instructions on catch and release.

12. Likes Captain Compassion, Paintguy liked this post
    SET THE HOOK!!!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Net required at the mid!