Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Tahoe Fishing Report - Today !!

From the east coast ... never knew that Macks ate crawdads. They eat just about everything else, so I guess it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise! Pretty much the Apex predator in NY Finger Lakes.

2. Likes Gene St. Denis liked this post
    Dislikes Gene St. Denis disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear you're on the mend. Boating on the big lake may not be the recommended therapy for a back, but it is for the soul.

Looking forward to more reports.

4. Likes Paintguy, Gene St. Denis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Get well soon Gene, I was down for a few months as well (vision surgeries). We all love your posts and stories as well as pic's........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

6. Likes Paintguy, Gene St. Denis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Lake Tahoe Fishing Report - Today !!

Lake Tahoe Fishing Report - Today !! The fishing on Lake Tahoe is awesome as usual , amazing scenery, and Medium winter temperatures . The Ramp at Cave Rock Boat Launch is plowed and clear as of Yesterday . Always be careful of icy conditions on the ramp as some do not drain out the water of the boat trailers before pulling up. The fishing for limits of Mackinaw Lake Trout has been very good to " GREAT " !! Quality Fish are being netted on the PT-109 from 3 to 17 pounds . Dodgers and minnows , flashers and minnows . and Flatfish in chrome or white have been productive as the Mackinaw are feeding to put back the pounds that they lost spawning . " The Trick " is to find out were they are still feeding and are not full. Another technique is to wait until later in the day , as they will start feeding again , as they are feeding hard on full moon nites . Bounce the bottom and speed up every now and then to activate a strike . Cal Neva point , Tahoe City Shelf , and Sugar Pine Point are Stacked with Pods of Large Active Mackinaw . Fresh Bait always help with the bite . The fish are full of shrimp, kokanee salmon , and crawdads . The fillets have been bright orange/ red with a brilliant tastie flavor , cooked on the Barbie with hickory chips ! I have been out with major back operation and fusion , the last couple months . All is good now and I feel much better . So give us a call to fish the Lake of the Sky and hook into some tastie Lake Trout ! Cheers ! Captain Gene St. Denis Blue Ribbon Fishing Charters ( 530 ) 544-6552 www.blueribbonfishing@ltol.com
    Last edited by Gene St. Denis; 04-09-2019 at 09:26 AM.

8. Likes Jetspray, Paintguy liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12