Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Changing regs

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Changing regs

Quote Originally Posted by Robertash20 View Post
    I have responded on the website, but i doubt one guy will do anything. How are some waters going to handle all year and what happens to those waters with trophy fish because of special regs.....those are just dinner i guess.

There will still be special regulations on specific waters. I think there are 20 some odd pages of special reg. waters, but I didn't read through to see any in particular. I'm assuming from other posts, some of their favorite waters which currently have special regulations aren't proposed to, but I haven't looked up any in particular.

Post Thanks / Like

There are meetings taking place throughout the state the next few weeks to discuss the proposed regs. I am going to the one tonight in Fresno. Will post a reply later about what was said.

There are a few that concern me, both locally and the Eastern Sierra. #1 for me: changing Mammoth Pool, closed May 1-June 15 (1 1/2 months) to closed March through May (nearly three months)
    Last edited by Snowtrout; 04-03-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishwrong2 View Post
    I read it pretty close to the way you do. First, it's a proposal which hasn't been adopted, and there are opportunities to comment. Folks can take that as they will, but large organizations and politics get changes, individual rants (mine at the head of the list) normally don't get much done.

Looks like they're trying to simplify the statewide regs as opposed to districts as it is now. The list of special regulation water is 21 pages long, so it's more than a couple.

I think I heard some folks pushing back in the Eastern Sierra, wanting to keep season restrictions, and keep opening weekend a tradition for tourist dollars. I expect some of the advocacy groups will have an opinion too. My recommendation would be to join one of the fishing groups and let them know your opinion. Organizations with thousands of members have a louder voice than an individual.

I'm not sure I have an opinion on it one way or the other, but I'm sure most folks do. Let it be known.
    I have responded on the website, but i doubt one guy will do anything. How are some waters going to handle all year and what happens to those waters with trophy fish because of special regs.....those are just dinner i guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Compassion View Post
    In my area. The end of opening day in Mono County. East and West Carson open all year. Special regs on the East Carson below Hangman's Bridge are removed. Topaz Lake open all year. This probably ain't good.

CC
    I agree i think the West and Carson give every angler a piece of water that they can fish to their own liking. Its not hard to read and understand the regs at first glance of 90 percent of the waters we fish.

The opening waters year round especially the put and take fisheries will be suicude. basically the state will have to grow and plant more fish because anglers are fishing/keeping more. so were relying on the state in some waters.....the state......

5. Likes Captain Compassion liked this post
    Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

In my area. The end of opening day in Mono County. East and West Carson open all year. Special regs on the East Carson below Hangman's Bridge are removed. Topaz Lake open all year. This probably ain't good.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure how I feel about their proposal, except that I definitely would like to see the regs simplified. As they are now, it takes very, very careful reading and study of maps to know whether you are in compliance or not.....and even then sometimes I am not positive.

The law should not work like that IMHO.

8. Likes TBSP, RideNfish, CAL.NDN, Spinner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I read it pretty close to the way you do. First, it's a proposal which hasn't been adopted, and there are opportunities to comment. Folks can take that as they will, but large organizations and politics get changes, individual rants (mine at the head of the list) normally don't get much done.

Looks like they're trying to simplify the statewide regs as opposed to districts as it is now. The list of special regulation water is 21 pages long, so it's more than a couple.

I think I heard some folks pushing back in the Eastern Sierra, wanting to keep season restrictions, and keep opening weekend a tradition for tourist dollars. I expect some of the advocacy groups will have an opinion too. My recommendation would be to join one of the fishing groups and let them know your opinion. Organizations with thousands of members have a louder voice than an individual.

I'm not sure I have an opinion on it one way or the other, but I'm sure most folks do. Let it be known.

10. Likes Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Changing regs

Just so Im undertsnading this correctly.

https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Fishing/...ation/Comments

Basically the whole state is opening up to year round, no regs, 5 fish limit except for very few waters. they are pulling restrictions away from waters.

Why?

I would imagine by increasing the limit places that dont get stocked these waters will be fishless in no time? also wouldnt planted waters suffer because of the need to replineish fish stocks year round?

Thoughts?
    Am I reading this correctly?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123