Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: River salmon limit

Good deal...I can't wait!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Below is the new 2019-20 Cal Supplement Sport Fishing Regs..In the local rivers it's 2 hatchery trout or hatchery steelhead**4 hatchery trout or hatchery steelhead**in possession 2 Chinook Salmon 4 Chinook Salmon in possession. Below are some minor changes. Also minor changes to the Klamath and Trinity Rivers including doubling the quota. Look up details.

http://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.as...=169262&inline

**68(D) From the unimproved boat ramp above the Thermalito Afterbay Outfall to 200 yards above the Live Oak boat ramp. Jan. 1 through July 15 - 2 hatchery trout or hatchery steelhead**4 hatchery trout or hatchery steelhead**in possession ........July 16 through Oct. 31 - 2 hatchery trout or hatchery steelhead**4 hatchery trout or hatchery steelhead**in possession 2 Chinook Salmon 4 Chinook Salmon in possession ........Nov. 1 through Dec. 31 - 2 hatchery trout or hatchery steelhead**4 hatchery trout or hatchery steelhead**in possession.

**(124) Mokelumne River (San Joaquin Co.). **(A) From Camanche Dam to Elliot Road. Jan. 1 through Mar. 31 - 1 hatchery trout or hatchery steelhead**Fourth Saturday in May through July 15 - 1 hatchery trout or hatchery steelhead**.........July 16 through Oct. 15 - 1 hatchery trout or hatchery steelhead**2 Chinook Salmon. 4 Chinook Salmon in possession.

**(B) From Elliot Road to the Woodbridge Irrigation District Dam including Lodi Lake. Jan. 1 through July 15 - 1 hatchery trout or hatchery steelhead**.........July 16 through Dec. 31- 1 hatchery trout or hatchery steelhead**2 Chinook Salmon 4 Chinook Salmon in possession.

**(C) Between the Woodbridge Irrigation District Dam and the Lower Sacramento Road bridge. Closed to all fishing all year....It's only about 400 feet long there.

**(D) From the Lower Sacramento Road bridge to the mouth. For purposes of this regulation, this river segment is defined as Mokelumne River and its tributary sloughs downstream of the Lower Sacramento Road bridge and east of Highway 160 and north of Highway 12. Jan. 1 through July 15 - 1 hatchery trout or hatchery steelhead**.........July 16 through Dec. 16 - 1 hatchery trout or hatchery steelhead**2 Chinook Salmon 4 Chinook Salmon in possession .......Dec. 17 through Dec. 31 - 1 hatchery trout or hatchery steelhead**

Phase-out of Printed Regulation Booklets: As part of a broader effort by the department to go paperless, CDFW is in the process of transitioning to online regulations books and will be decreasing the number of printed books shipped to license agents and CDFW offices in 2019 and beyond. The cost to print and ship regulations books is significant, and money saved will be put toward fish and wildlife conservation. This year's booklets will also be returning to the smaller, mostly black-and-white format.
    Last edited by Mark1; 06-07-2019 at 12:46 PM.

3. Likes RideNfish, Datster_2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard Feather will stay open until Oct 31 (used to close Oct 15 I believe).
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

Post Thanks / Like

So Option 1 was passed this morning with 2 Salmon/a day, 4 in possesion..YES...They're projecting more fish this year. The Feather and Moke get extended seasons, not sure on details, maybe end of Oct. The Klamath gets 1 adult/1 jack per day, 6 total-no more than 3 adults until the quota is filled. Guess that extends the season which the guides and anglers there are all for it. Plus they were thinking of the positive economic impact of 'non-locals' from other areas, about 40% of the total fisherman there that spend money on camping, motels, tackle, restaurants, ect. Also, the proposed fishing license change to 365 days from the day of purchase is probably going to pass soon, they were favoring it at the 1 pm meeting....Changing subjects...for hunters..

The California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) wants to remind hunters that beginning July 1, 2019, nonlead ammunition will be required when taking wildlife with a firearm anywhere in California. CDFW strongly recommends that hunters acquire and practice with nonlead ammunition well before heading afield, particularly in advance of upcoming big game seasons, to make sure rifles are sighted in and to understand how their firearms perform with nonlead ammunition. Including shotguns. It will be for all animals and fowl/birds, private property/everywhere. Not for pellet guns or target shooting in some areas.

If interested, below is the 10 am 1 hour meeting on audio. It starts out about increasing Elk/sheep tags up north, then at the 30 min. mark to Klamath Salmon fishing regs. At 50 min. official reg changes at Klamath and C. Valley salmon discussion and reg change to the 1 hr mark. Then a couple min. later they make an amendment to Klamath.

http://ftp.fgc.ca.gov/Public/FGC/Mee..._2019_0516.mp4.
    Last edited by Mark1; 05-17-2019 at 06:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrout View Post
    In the Docs provided by Mark 1(Notice of Proposed Changes in Regulations (PDF)) it says:

Proposed Regulations. The Department recognizes the uncertainty of Sacramento River fall-run Chinook Salmon (SRFC) inland (in river) harvest projections. Therefore, the Department is presenting three regulatory options for the Commission’s consideration to tailor 2019 Central Valley fishery management to target 2019 in-river fisheries harvest projections.

Option 1 is the most liberal of the three options and allows take of any size Chinook Salmon up to the daily bag and possession limits.Bag limit of [0-4] Chinook Salmon.Possession limit - [0-12] Chinook Salmon.
    Option 2 allows for take of a limited number of adult Chinook Salmon, with grilse Chinook Salmon making up the remainder of the daily bag and possession limits. Bag limit of [0-4] Chinook Salmon of which no more than [0-4] fish over [26-28] inches total length may be retained. Possession limit - [0-12] Chinook Salmon of which no more than [0–4] fish may be over [26-28] inches total length.
    Option 3 is the most conservative option and allows for a grilse-only Chinook Salmon fishery. Bag limit of [0-4] Chinook Salmon less than or equal to [26-28] inches total length.Possession limit - [0-12] Chinook Salmon less than or equal to [26-28] inches total length.

I hope we get option 1 with a 2 fish limit, 4 in possession regulation. Option 2 and 3 I believe would be very difficult for inland anglers to deal with since predicting the amount of fish under 28" that are going to enter a river seems next to impossible. Plus, another reduced inland limit to one salmon, while saltwater anglers get two, starts to crank up a larger equity issue started last season. It would be very doubtful I would drive 140 miles one way for a single 28" salmon and have to release anything larger.

Guess we will find out May 16.
    I say keep it simple. 2 per day / 4 in possession with no size limit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by honksrworkn View Post
    They're probably going with 2 on the Feather and Sac ... Best part is the feather proposal is to stay open till Oct 31 like it used to be .... Care less how many I can keep ....
    if so, AR limit will also be 2?

Post Thanks / Like

In the Docs provided by Mark 1(Notice of Proposed Changes in Regulations (PDF)) it says:

Proposed Regulations. The Department recognizes the uncertainty of Sacramento River fall-run Chinook Salmon (SRFC) inland (in river) harvest projections. Therefore, the Department is presenting three regulatory options for the Commission’s consideration to tailor 2019 Central Valley fishery management to target 2019 in-river fisheries harvest projections.

Option 1 is the most liberal of the three options and allows take of any size Chinook Salmon up to the daily bag and possession limits.Bag limit of [0-4] Chinook Salmon.Possession limit - [0-12] Chinook Salmon.
    Option 2 allows for take of a limited number of adult Chinook Salmon, with grilse Chinook Salmon making up the remainder of the daily bag and possession limits. Bag limit of [0-4] Chinook Salmon of which no more than [0-4] fish over [26-28] inches total length may be retained. Possession limit - [0-12] Chinook Salmon of which no more than [0–4] fish may be over [26-28] inches total length.
    Option 3 is the most conservative option and allows for a grilse-only Chinook Salmon fishery. Bag limit of [0-4] Chinook Salmon less than or equal to [26-28] inches total length.Possession limit - [0-12] Chinook Salmon less than or equal to [26-28] inches total length.

I hope we get option 1 with a 2 fish limit, 4 in possession regulation. Option 2 and 3 I believe would be very difficult for inland anglers to deal with since predicting the amount of fish under 28" that are going to enter a river seems next to impossible. Plus, another reduced inland limit to one salmon, while saltwater anglers get two, starts to crank up a larger equity issue started last season. It would be very doubtful I would drive 140 miles one way for a single 28" salmon and have to release anything larger.

Guess we will find out May 16.

STICK N FISH&FOLD N FOWL honksrworkn's Avatar
    No Cal .... Between the Sac and Feather ..
    Post Thanks / Like

They're probably going with 2 on the Feather and Sac ... Best part is the feather proposal is to stay open till Oct 31 like it used to be .... Care less how many I can keep ....

Post Thanks / Like

If it’s two I’ll be making that 2-3 he drive up to red bluff. I’ll only have my drift boat to fish out of this year so trolling isn’t in the menu. Though I might troll with the drift boat in the Moke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Rumor says 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast