Thread: Hook 2-7 T/S

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Hook 2-7 T/S

Quote Originally Posted by CWFollett View Post
    No but I will, Thanks .
    I forgot to say welcome to the boards, I had trouble in the beginning finding my way too.....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hook 2-7 T/S

No but I will, Thanks .

3. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hook 2-7 T/S

Did you post this in the Marine Electronics board? You might get better results there.....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Hook 2-7 T/S

Replaced the Raymarine Dragon fly on the boat with a Lowrance Hook 2-7 " triple shot last Feb. 2018. Dragonfly worked well but being 70 the eyes are not what they used to be. Small screen. The Dragon Fly would show the downrigger weights and suspended fish just fine. The Hook would not show the downrigger weights and rarely show suspended fish, but would show fish on the bottom. Early this spring the Hook went blank ???? The chart worked fine. After going on line and asking for help Lowrance now bought out by Navico asked that I call. Which I gladly did. I worked as a Control Tech on system controls so computers and electronics are not magic to me. After fighting with a phone answering center employee that it was not a problem of how the Transducer and Power plugs were plugged in they agreeded to have take a look at it. My cost to ship it ($ 29.00 ) I got another unit not my back ( Different S/N ) and thought all was good. On the Lake out of the dock and started fishing ( Trolling now the fish are down 25 -30 feet ) Frist hour no downrigger weights or suspended fish I had a hook up and landed , put in the fish box to look up and the Sonar is back to black ??????? Another call to Navico same are the plugs plugged in correctly route I asked for a tech. Finally got a guy ( his name was Star ) that knew what he was talking about. After a half -hour I asked if he could look up to see if the first unit had had a problem. Which it did. Simple trouble shooting lets send both the Transducer and head unit in for a check..... He agreeded. Another $ 29.00 and off they went. I am done , have lost confidence in Lowrance, After looking at the available chart sonars I ordered a RayMarine Element 7 " I want to fish knowing what depth the fish are and where my tackle is ! Any one else have a problem with the Hook 2 7" ?

6. Likes Jetspray, Paintguy, nayr liked this post