Post Thanks / Like

Re: Use A Micro Trolling Rig When Trout & Salmon Have Lockjaw!

Cal/Wes thanks for the video, have used same setup with grubs at Eagle Lake in the past. I always carry a set of split ring pliers to change things up while on the water......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

2. Likes MKE, Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Use A Micro Trolling Rig When Trout & Salmon Have Lockjaw!

Quote Originally Posted by MKE View Post
    Nice video been trolling the spoon fly set up for 20+ years when it gets tough but I swap out the treble hook with a single seawash hook and tie my leader off that single hook bend because the trout will still eat the spoon in a lot of occasions. Sometimes I'll use a longer leader and put an action disc in front of the fly. It's one of my first set ups for slow trolling Pyramid lake. In fact I'll tie up 5-6 different combinations the night before.
    I really like the invisa hoochy for Kokes I never would have thought about using that but now I will. Thanks for broadening the horizon on that set up.
    Thanks for those tips, might give some a try next time I am able to use the boat. Rivers are still raging right now though......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

4. Likes MKE, Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Use A Micro Trolling Rig When Trout & Salmon Have Lockjaw!

Nice video been trolling the spoon fly set up for 20+ years when it gets tough but I swap out the treble hook with a single seawash hook and tie my leader off that single hook bend because the trout will still eat the spoon in a lot of occasions. Sometimes I'll use a longer leader and put an action disc in front of the fly. It's one of my first set ups for slow trolling Pyramid lake. In fact I'll tie up 5-6 different combinations the night before.
    I really like the invisa hoochy for Kokes I never would have thought about using that but now I will. Thanks for broadening the horizon on that set up.
    Last edited by MKE; 06-15-2019 at 06:00 AM.

6. Likes Jetspray, Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Use A Micro Trolling Rig When Trout & Salmon Have Lockjaw!

8. Likes Stickman, Jetspray, MKE, Paintguy liked this post