Thread: Cool or Not

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cool or Not

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    Yeah we're getting the afternoon blast furnace as well. I cover my patio with a Sunsetter Awning and 5 market umbrellas in the morning to keep it cool, but afternoon winds have us rolling that up quickly....Jetspray
    The heater is going but might have to escape it for some high elevation fishing. We had an awning installed a year ago over our patio on the west side of our house. The only time we could enjoy the patio was during morning hours. All window coverings inside had to be drawn closed to prevent baking. Now with awning working with the trees in the yard its not as hot.
    2000 F250 Diesel
    2007 Columbia Fisherman 2018XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 Kicker Raymarine Element HV9 4 Electric Walker Downriggers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BDuck View Post
    Now we are caught in between a high pressure settling over us and a low pressure over the pacific northwest creating flow of southern wind conditions and temps on the rise. Winds will stay with us thru to Saturday. The summer furnace is here to stay. There goes another week of no fishing.
    Yeah we're getting the afternoon blast furnace as well. I cover my patio with a Sunsetter Awning and 5 market umbrellas in the morning to keep it cool, but afternoon winds have us rolling that up quickly....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Now we are caught in between a high pressure settling over us and a low pressure over the pacific northwest creating flow of southern wind conditions and temps on the rise. Winds will stay with us thru to Saturday. The summer furnace is here to stay. There goes another week of no fishing.
    2000 F250 Diesel
    2007 Columbia Fisherman 2018XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 Kicker Raymarine Element HV9 4 Electric Walker Downriggers

4. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Cool or Not

Quote Originally Posted by BDuck View Post
    Been across I-80 numerous times with their roadwork but they do stay on top of it, Utah does the same. Only complaint is it doesn't matter in either state of the seasonal changes to add misery to driving. I'm sure those maintenance crews have alot to bio*** about being out in the elements.
    Well they have my respect and I do slow down around them, funny to watch how many want to zoom by, but here every cop has a radar and computer link. I respect them as well, and most of them stop to help if you need it......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Been across I-80 numerous times with their roadwork but they do stay on top of it, Utah does the same. Only complaint is it doesn't matter in either state of the seasonal changes to add misery to driving. I'm sure those maintenance crews have alot to bio*** about being out in the elements.
    2000 F250 Diesel

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Cool or Not

We only have two seasons in Nevada "Winter & Roadwork".........Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hooks View Post
    It was 38* here at 5100' at 5AM this morning.....I'll go with cold!
    at 38 i'd go with freezing, with all my blood thinners if it gets below 70 it's cold. it's 69 in our house
    right now, I have flannel lounge pants, under shirt, t-shirt, flannel house coat on and i'm still cold.
    be safe

9. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It was 38* here at 5100' at 5AM this morning.....I'll go with cold!
    Catch ya later ... hooks

11. Likes okie, Jetspray, burninfuel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool or Not

This has been a very strange year with weather. A cold front came in on us late Thursday here in the intermountain west dropping temps. Usually we have to occasionally run the AC starting in June. So far we've seen maybe 2 days of mid upper 80's. Friday was first day of summer but didn't feel like it with low 60's and frost during the night before in very nearby areas. Some lakes were later than normal for ice off and with the wet winter/spring rains rivers were running high. Snow melt started out slow but as rivers started receding in flow from rains they picked of a head of steam again. Most if not all lakes are at full pool and over the spillways making for short walks uphill to launch ramp parking lots. Water temps in the lakes are cooler than normal at this time of year at 55-65 making for some ideal fishing conditions. The power squadrons are on delay with exceptions of a few diehards. I've always said we have 3 seasons here July August & Winter, we are almost out of the winter phase now but I hoping for a cooler July & August. The is oven is set for 400 and the door is getting ready to open for arid dry conditions.
    2000 F250 Diesel

13. Likes Jetspray liked this post