Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bodega Bay @ Doran Beach

Rock fishing off the jetty bout 2 hours before low tide is great use a drop shot with a 4 inch mullet grub (berkley) or power grub in white . Fish hit on the drop so make sure you use a drop shot with your weight on the bottom of your setup . Squid will work for the kids if they can't drop shot . Tightlines BF

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I didn't think about halibut but that sounds like an idea. I fished the jetty many years ago but I'm a lot older and banged up now so I'm not sure if I'll venture out there. Then again, can you take rock crabs now? Guess I better get a copy of the regs before I go.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be staying up on the golf course this weekend, hoping to get some lines in the water saturday. I know guys fish the jetty often for rock fish and even eels but im hoping to find a halibut off the beach. might be a long shot but I gotta try. if the tide gets low enough you can walk out to the channel in the bay and find some fish in there.

Post Thanks / Like

Bodega Bay @ Doran Beach

I do believe I may have posted this in the wrong place. It's been a while. Anyway I'll re-post here and see if I can delete it from the other place. "I've been offline for a couple years but I'm starting to get back in to fishing. No new boat yet, but I'll be retiring January 3rd and I'm hoping there is one in the near future. That being said, I'm banking it and taking my grandkids camping at Doran on the 20th. I camped there 45 years ago and did get some crab on the jetty but I've never fished right there. Can you catch perch or anything else there? Any tips would sure be nice. I'm going to spend one day fishing with three young kids, but one day is mine to roam as I please. Thanks....Bill"