Thread: Greaeagle

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Greaeagle

It doesn’t take limits of giants to get kids hooked on fishing. A little success and desire to do it again is all that’s required and should be considered a true success.

Congratulations on passing along a tradition to the next generation. That stuff is hugely important. Well done sir.

Post Thanks / Like

Lakes Basin area spectacular for hiking, swimming and exploring. Fish few and far between. Was pointed to Snag Lake by local guy (with sense of humor, evidently). Well named, tough to fish, Caught a few at Salmon and Packer. Lots of room, no crowds. Kids had a ball (so did I). Learned many life skills...(Boss dice, poker and all about sunflower seeds). Think we were in between plants but would certainly hit that area again. Thanks again for the input.

3. Likes Jetspray, Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks very much for the help and suggestions. Heading up Sunday afternoon, back on Friday. I'll report back. Charley

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Greaeagle

A few jars of salmon eggs of your choice and some red gulp eggs as well. I use Orange Pulp and Chunky Chartreuse most of the time at lakes. For streams I use Berkley Atomic's in grasshopper color (you can buy them at Walmart) they are tubes used for crappie and bluegill but they work great on trout by bouncing them along the bottom slowly. You can also suspend them under a bobber with an egg or worm on them. Good luck with your trip.......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

6. Likes Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Packer, Salmon and Sardine lakes up in the Gold Lake Basin all get stocked and are good places for kids to catch a few trout.

Davis lake has some nice fish too, but can be a bit hit or miss.

Where and how many they catch is less important than they get out with grandpa. Enjoy the trip.

8. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Many lakes in the Gold Lakes basin for trout shore fishing close to Graegle. Many are planted, all are BEAUTIFUL.

10. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by charley View Post
    Heading up to Greaeagle area with no boat and three grandkids. Any ideas that might be productive from the shore? Thanks
    I lived up in that area for many years. I never liked the middle for of the Feather River too much. Its really shallow, and I have never had that much luck up there unless your willing to hike it.
    A cool place for the kids, not that far from there, is Oakland Camp in the Quincy Area. Its off Chandler Road. There is plenty of swimming/fishing holes. If you take the road far enough, it turns into a dirt road behind the camp, which has always produced a fun amount of rainbows, and occasionally a brown trout. This time of year, I would start with floating a light crawler on the bottom, or a small, small split shot, and toss a warm in some light-mild rapids. When you hit the road on out, you gotta stop by the Polka Dot and get some food. Its the perfect after fishing meal.

FYI, in that area, including the whole Greagle area, watch for Rattle Snakes especially in the morning. I have come across tons of rattlers up and down the creeks and rivers up there.
    Captain of the Little Liberator.

12. Likes burninfuel, Waterdog, Jetspray, Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Greaeagle

Heading up to Greaeagle area with no boat and three grandkids. Any ideas that might be productive from the shore? Thanks

14. Likes Jetspray liked this post