Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Towing - 2014 Acura MDX

Very nice! 👍

Post Thanks / Like

Towing - 2014 Acura MDX

Quote Originally Posted by Yearroundfisherman View Post
    I wouldn’t do it. Look for a vehicle that can tow in the 5000 pound area. Try a Highlander or Pilot. Constantly toy maximum capacity gets tiring very fast.
    We pull a 1989 17 foot Lund with a Mercury 115 2 stroke, 20 gallons of fuel, 3 batteries, a bow mount 80 lb mincota, and full fishing gear on a EZ Loader trailer with rollers behind our 2001 Chevy Tahoe which has a toe rating of 6k. It does fine but you do notice the load when the wind blows on the way home from the bay or delta. I wouldn’t want to pull this thing with a van constantly as the softer suspension would get thrown about too much and I imagine our boats are pretty close in weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Deleted

*** Realized i already responded to the above post.

Last edited by duhkevinz; 08-14-2019 at 10:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KERPOW View Post
    I have a Stryker as well and think it's probably ok. I towed a 22 foot travele trailer weighing about 3500 pounds all over Cali, Oregon, and Washington for about 5 years with a 2002 MDX with a similar V6 engine, and a class 3 hitch. It was a car my wife bought for hauling the kids around to football games, and she told me it was V8 when she bought it, and I never thought about it differently until about a couple years of towing, then I realized it was a V6 when I changed the plugs. I figured what the hell, I've gone this far, and I did it for about three more years after that without any problems. I gave the MDX to my dad about 5 years ago and it now has about 280,000 miles on it with no problems still. If you're just doing 10 or 15 trips a year, I don't think you'll have any trouble especially if you add the transmission cooler, and I would recommend doing that. Good luck.

Best wishes for fishes.KERPOW!
    I ended picking up the 2016 with AWD. Here it is.

4. Likes KERPOW liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Stryker as well and think it's probably ok. I towed a 22 foot travele trailer weighing about 3500 pounds all over Cali, Oregon, and Washington for about 5 years with a 2002 MDX with a similar V6 engine, and a class 3 hitch. It was a car my wife bought for hauling the kids around to football games, and she told me it was V8 when she bought it, and I never thought about it differently until about a couple years of towing, then I realized it was a V6 when I changed the plugs. I figured what the hell, I've gone this far, and I did it for about three more years after that without any problems. I gave the MDX to my dad about 5 years ago and it now has about 280,000 miles on it with no problems still. If you're just doing 10 or 15 trips a year, I don't think you'll have any trouble especially if you add the transmission cooler, and I would recommend doing that. Good luck.

Best wishes for fishes.KERPOW!

6. Likes burninfuel, Jetspray, duhkevinz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

OP asked, we answered then OP made a decision.

As the Beatle sang, "Let It Be...dear Lord let it be" .

23.5' Duckworth Navigator, Yamaha F150

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn’t do it. Look for a vehicle that can tow in the 5000 pound area. Try a Highlander or Pilot. Constantly toy maximum capacity gets tiring very fast.
    We pull a 1989 17 foot Lund with a Mercury 115 2 stroke, 20 gallons of fuel, 3 batteries, a bow mount 80 lb mincota, and full fishing gear on a EZ Loader trailer with rollers behind our 2001 Chevy Tahoe which has a toe rating of 6k. It does fine but you do notice the load when the wind blows on the way home from the bay or delta. I wouldn’t want to pull this thing with a van constantly as the softer suspension would get thrown about too much and I imagine our boats are pretty close in weight.

9. Likes Waterdog, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess that you have to do what must need to be done.
    But not my first choice for towing any thing.To me the Acura is
    a soccer moms ride.I never have used a pair of pliers for a hammer.

11. Likes MKE, TrackerDV17, Jetspray, zipperman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Towing - 2014 Acura MDX

Quote Originally Posted by duhkevinz View Post
    Hahaha sorry if I sounded rude!! I did end up picking up the car. The oem hitch is so expensive :( but the cleanest finish.

I just wish you many years of use and safe travel. Good luck...…….Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

13. Likes TrackerDV17 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seon View Post
    I think the OP has already made up his mind so as the old Fram Commercial goes...

"You could pay me now or pay me later"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij1yDpfZI8Q
    Hahaha sorry if I sounded rude!! I did end up picking up the car. The oem hitch is so expensive :( but the cleanest finish.

15. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the OP has already made up his mind so as the old Fram Commercial goes...

"You could pay me now or pay me later"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij1yDpfZI8Q
    23.5' Duckworth Navigator, Yamaha F150

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast