Thread: Gear advice

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gear advice

Thanks for the good information! Much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 29minnows View Post
    Im going to try my luck tomorrow morning using spinners from shore and i was wondering if someone can help me out.

I am new to salmon fishing and I am going to get a better suited pole in the next few days, but for now I have an 8' medium pole, and a 7' medium-heavy pole, which one would be better? Also will 20lb mono be sufficient enough line? I plan on using silvertron double blades and flying c spinners, if that matters.

Thanks in advance
    Stick with 8 to 9 foot medium rods, 120-150 yards of 12lb mono main line, 3000-4000 size spinning reels and chartreuse Flying C's. Fish from dark/first light for 3-4 hours is best, that's the basic advice, everybody does it little different. In general, it's been "very" slow off the shore in the Sacramento area . The past 7-8 days, it's picked up a bit but still really dead just spotty, you haven't missed much. I did recently catch a chrome 19lb female and small male, last year by now I had more. The ocean is still doing good, now it's cooling down here. It will be better late Sep to mid Nov.
    Last edited by Mark1; 09-16-2019 at 04:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Longer rod is good...better fight. 20lbs line seams to me to be heavy. 10lbs better
    what to throw..spoons ,spinners oh lots of luck too!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Gear advice

Im going to try my luck tomorrow morning using spinners from shore and i was wondering if someone can help me out.

I am new to salmon fishing and I am going to get a better suited pole in the next few days, but for now I have an 8' medium pole, and a 7' medium-heavy pole, which one would be better? Also will 20lb mono be sufficient enough line? I plan on using silvertron double blades and flying c spinners, if that matters.

Thanks in advance