Post Thanks / Like

Re: September 11 2001 Remeber when? Where were you?

I did watch one that was interesting a bit. It was about how the Canadians handled landing all of the incomeing air traffic, from over seas, when the American air space was closed on that day. They were able to land some 200 + aircraft by landing them at Gander and some other places on the island by parking them on the runways and older parts of the air base that was mostly abandoned. Of course they also had to make sure the passengers were taken care of and services rendered to those who had medical issues or other things. They sat there for almost 2 days total. Very cool stuff and cudos to the air traffic controllers and personnel that did all of that.....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Today is also "Patriot Day" and yes I misspelled "Remember" so goes the day. Watching many shows on multiple channels for now, nothing on regular channels like NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, or any of those other folks for me (might be fake news reporting or twisted)......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

3. Likes BigUnInDaBoat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Doing electrical work on a large project in Salinas. It was a weird day and I was the only worker on the project most of the day. Got a call from the boss and he said I could stay at work or go home and watch TV. I stayed at work with a radio on.

5. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Star Re: September 11 2001 Remeber when? Where were you?

I had 5 more years to work and my wife 4 more years. We were in a mode of trying to keep things together after that happened. I did go to a flag ceremony in 2002 at the old Alameda Air base hosted by KSFO-560 by Melanie Morgan and some of the radio personalities and around 1,000 other folks on the 1 year anneversary of the attack.......Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

I was just about to head out the door to work, always had the news on while getting ready. It froze me, I woke up my parents, watched a little and was about an hour late to work. I could tell by the look on my bosses face that my absence was excused. Very vivid and terrible day I'll never forget.

8. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Getting ready for work when my son, who was in high school at the time, came out and said a plane hit the WTC. Thought it might have been an accident like when the Cessna ran into it.

Was stationed at Travis AFB at the time and it took me nearly 2 hours to get in the gate that morning. Was crazy for the next few months for sure.

10. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A sad day to remember,
    I was on the flight line at Hill AFB awaiting a test pilot to launch an F16 that went thru overhaul. We were listening to the radio in the launch vehicle when we heard the first tower got hit. All flights on hold by this time so we went into our flight test hangar to inform the other mechanics of the possible mishap accident as we heard it. Radios started tuning in and within a couple of minutes the 2nd tower took a hit. Its was no longer an accident but an attack. All flights were suspended for next few days except for designated AF Fighter units armed to the teeth on the prowl to protect all across our country. The 419th Air Force Reserve based at Hill AFB was assigned to northern Calif flying out of Travis AFB. Working for DOD there were no days off as we had to put in overtime readying war fighters coming off of production line from overhaul. As with thousands of DOD employed civilians along side of military personel we stepped up doing our part to keep America safe.
    2000 F250 Diesel
    2007 Columbia Fisherman 2018XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 Kicker Raymarine Element HV9 4 Electric Walker Downriggers

Post Thanks / Like

6672211265c32c1de98099f8256d568c.jpg
    I got up late and had to rush to work so I wouldn't be late. I did't here about it until I got to work. One of the guys told me about it and I immediately got a sick feeling in my stomach and anger.

Catch ya later ... hooks

13. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

September 11 2001 Remeber when? Where were you?

That day was a day off work for me, I was watching TV downstairs or our home, my wife was upstairs getting ready to go. I ran upstairs and she was ironing, I told her to turn on the TV and watch. What unfolded was a American Tragedy....Jetspray

15. Likes Pondmn, kickinit liked this post