Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ken Burns documentary Country Music

Quote Originally Posted by PinkSalmon View Post
    I wonder if the DVDs will be available on Netflix so I can binge watch. Big fan of Ken Burns. His National Parks and Civil War docs were wonderful.
    They are or will be on dvd and probably Netflix, but pbs always repeats thing like the Ken Burns documentaries so just keep an eye open for that and record the series.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the DVDs will be available on Netflix so I can binge watch. Big fan of Ken Burns. His National Parks and Civil War docs were wonderful.

Post Thanks / Like

Another option from Amazon

All 960 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Catch ya later ... hooks

4. Likes SteelyMan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Ken Burns documentary Country Music

Quote Originally Posted by Plug-n-Jug View Post
    I did the same last year. Got them thru PBS KVIE 6. 3 rows back dead center. The only problem with that is they now hound me with phone calls and mail every two weeks looking for a donation. May have to bite the bullet and go for the VIP tics next year. I knew that got you into a meet & greet and a sound check but I didn't know they might play alternate tunes from the regular play list.
    I am retired and have no payments of any sort (excluding household stuff like water, gas, electric, phone (land line), and Direct TV). The difference between that and the next level is a DVD and CD with little difference in money. The front row is much higher if you look at the real time tickets for the event. I also have seen the Australian concert in Oakland and not impressed with them much...…..Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    My first show was Pink Floyd Atom Heart Mother, in Munich Germany. It was a outdoor show at the time. I have seen them at 7 different concerts with multiple shows per each. Most were in the Bay Area. The one's you mentioned were among those I saw. Britt Floyd is great, we have been getting our tickets through a PBS station in Reno KNPB. When we get those I am able to spit on their shoes if I chose to. Each of those has a meet and greet in which we get to talk to the folks after they play us a couple of tunes which may or not be in the concert. It is very cool but I get the tickets that way because my wife watches PBS and I do not (too liberal for me)…….Jetspray
    I did the same last year. Got them thru PBS KVIE 6. 3 rows back dead center. The only problem with that is they now hound me with phone calls and mail every two weeks looking for a donation. May have to bite the bullet and go for the VIP tics next year. I knew that got you into a meet & greet and a sound check but I didn't know they might play alternate tunes from the regular play list.
    I FISH, THEREFORE I CUSS AND LIE!

7. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Plug-n-Jug View Post
    I'm another huge fan of Brit Floyd. I've seen them the last 8 years in a row. They used to come to Sac. but its been in Stockton at the Bob Hope theater the last two years. I've been lucky enough to see Pink Floyd three times, The Wall concert in L.A. , the Momentary Lapse of Reason concert in the Oakland Forum (Oracle Arena) and the Division Bell concert at the Oakland Coliseum. Brit Floyd is by far the best PF tribute band out there. Maybe next year I'll go see them in Reno and we can meet up.
    My first show was Pink Floyd Atom Heart Mother, in Munich Germany. It was a outdoor show at the time. I have seen them at 7 different concerts with multiple shows per each. Most were in the Bay Area. The one's you mentioned were among those I saw. Britt Floyd is great, we have been getting our tickets through a PBS station in Reno KNPB. When we get those I am able to spit on their shoes if I chose to. Each of those has a meet and greet in which we get to talk to the folks after they play us a couple of tunes which may or not be in the concert. It is very cool but I get the tickets that way because my wife watches PBS and I do not (too liberal for me)…….Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    I subscribe to PBS for only one reason, good seats for Britt Floyd when they come to town. My problem with most of the concert stuff is too much money begging and not enough music. I have seen some great stuff from time to time, not this one yet. Over here our PBS is lacking in many ways, it is KNPB 5 in Reno. Sorry I missed some of it, may set up the DVR to give it a try, I do get a monthly schedule, my wife likes all of the British Mystery stuff and the Downton Abbey series (she is going to the movie, me I gonna see Rambo Last Blood)…….Jetspray
    I'm another huge fan of Brit Floyd. I've seen them the last 8 years in a row. They used to come to Sac. but its been in Stockton at the Bob Hope theater the last two years. I've been lucky enough to see Pink Floyd three times, The Wall concert in L.A. , the Momentary Lapse of Reason concert in the Oakland Forum (Oracle Arena) and the Division Bell concert at the Oakland Coliseum. Brit Floyd is by far the best PF tribute band out there. Maybe next year I'll go see them in Reno and we can meet up.
    I FISH, THEREFORE I CUSS AND LIE!

10. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When I lived in Texas as a kid I saw so many amazing country acts. Once I moved to California it was mostly just rock and rap. I miss those younger days in Texas hunting and fishing near George Straits ranch etc. Hope I get to check out this documentary soon. Does it have anything about Texas in it? Thanks for the recommendation as well!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Ken Burns documentary Country Music

I subscribe to PBS for only one reason, good seats for Britt Floyd when they come to town. My problem with most of the concert stuff is too much money begging and not enough music. I have seen some great stuff from time to time, not this one yet. Over here our PBS is lacking in many ways, it is KNPB 5 in Reno. Sorry I missed some of it, may set up the DVR to give it a try, I do get a monthly schedule, my wife likes all of the British Mystery stuff and the Downton Abbey series (she is going to the movie, me I gonna see Rambo Last Blood)…….Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

my Mother used to go to a dance on Saturday nights, I don't dance, but I used to go with her. imho,
    a good old country hoedown is one of the most entertaining events I have ever been to. they did all
    kinds of dances from the two-step to square, waltzes. imop, there are 2 kinds of music, country and western.
    be safe

14. Likes Jetspray liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast