Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sacramento Area

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sacramento Area

Quote Originally Posted by Mark1 View Post
    I caught a 14lb clean hen Wed with lots of roe in her from a Flying C. My 6th Salmon this season [12# to 20# all wild], half from last year off shore around the Sac area, lot slower run this season. I hear Sand Cove does well but lots of fisherman there probably, never fished salmon from there and you pay a fee like Miller. Hopefully the first few weeks of Nov are good w/late fall run Salmon before the rains make chocolate milk out of the river and it's done. I did well surprisingly the last 2 early Nov.'s with clean late fall Salmon. Good luck!
    I can promise you, none or those fish were wild

STICK N FISH&FOLD N FOWL honksrworkn's Avatar
    No Cal .... Between the Sac and Feather ..
    Post Thanks / Like

I caught a 14lb clean hen Wed with lots of roe in her from a Flying C. My 6th Salmon this season [12# to 20# all wild],
    FYI GUYS , this wild fish thing cracks me up ...... First off not all hatchery Salmon have the adipose fin clipped . There are 20x more hatchery fish than wild , so chances are that your catching hatchery fish that aren't clipped and they're all wild once turned loose from the hatchery . ...
    Guaranteed the only difference between a hatchery Salmon and a river spawned wild Salmon is in the DNA .... Can't tell by the meat , the color or the fight .... So really ..Who cares if its wild or hatchery they're fun to catch ..... Any system with a hatchery is a 100% hatchery sustained salmon fishery , without the hatchery the salmon would go away in short time ...The powers that be like to use this wild salmon myth to close good fishing spots on hatchery sustained salmon fisheries .... It's BS ....don't drink the KoolAid

3. Likes SteelyMan, Folsomtroller22 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfishforbigguy View Post
    7# jack for me today. Spinner from shore. Sand Cove Beach
    I caught a 14lb clean hen Wed with lots of roe in her from a Flying C. My 6th Salmon this season [12# to 20# all wild], that's half from last year off shore in the Sac area. It's a lot slower run this season with more expected fish than last year?. I hear Sand Cove does well but lots of fisherman there probably, never fished salmon from there and you pay a fee like Miller. Hopefully the first few weeks of Nov are good w/late fall run Salmon before the rains make chocolate milk out of the river and it's done. I did surprisingly well the last 2 early Nov.'s with clean late fall Salmon. Good luck!
    Last edited by Mark1; 11-04-2019 at 04:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

7# jack for me today. Spinner from shore. Sand Cove Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LunkerPunker View Post
    The Sac is still proven to me to be productive water. We nailed a 18# male and a 14# female yesterday, both still chrome. Started trolling from Minnow Hole to where the river bends south. Got bit when we started trolling slow with Silvertrons 2.5 to 2.8 mph, fast enough where the blades start spinning. Season ain’t over yet guys. Go get them, just save me a few more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is a great tip and I really appreciate it. Thanks. Got a few weekends left.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LunkerPunker View Post
    The Sac is still proven to me to be productive water. We nailed a 18# male and a 14# female yesterday, both still chrome. Started trolling from Minnow Hole to where the river bends south. Got bit when we started trolling slow with Silvertrons 2.5 to 2.8 mph, fast enough where the blades start spinning. Season ain’t over yet guys. Go get them, just save me a few more!

I try to go about 2.8 mph too. That’s where I hit them with trons

Post Thanks / Like

I better give it another shot Sunday

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve95841 View Post
    4 skunked tips for me, but I only anchor with a QF.
    Thanks for the report. We might be out at Morro Bay fishing for rockfish and lingcod instead. They are always biting. Was just hoping for a salmon or two this season. I'm still sort of new at chasing salmon in the Sac. Is this normal? Does it get better before it gets worse?

Post Thanks / Like

4 skunked tips for me, but I only anchor with a QF.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast