Thread: Ice House Limit

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ice House Limit

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    Yeah, but I think the next time you are standing at the local parts store or trying to get vehicle service, this will just seem to pop up in your mind (just like the song "it's a small world after all" at Disneyland)……..Jetspray
    Oh dear, you're so evil with your Disneyland song magic!!!!! :O Way to go, comrade!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Ice House Limit

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Ouch! You speak the truth! To use a line from the movie Spinal Tap: "yes, that's a little too F#%* much perspective!"
    Yeah, but I think the next time you are standing at the local parts store or trying to get vehicle service, this will just seem to pop up in your mind (just like the song "it's a small world after all" at Disneyland)..Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

3. Likes Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    There are two rules of retirement,

1. You have plenty of time to take care of my problems (watching kids, house setting for anything, put aside to the last guy/gal to get things done at "their" place or time (like apts, or repairs, or delivery etc etc etc).

2. You are retired so you must be rich and can afford anything on the planet (car repairs/replacement, construction of any kind, trips to anywhere etc etc etc)

......Jetspray
    Ouch! You speak the truth! To use a line from the movie Spinal Tap: "yes, that's a little too F#%* much perspective!"

5. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. Sounds like just short of a perfect day. Those lakes really turn on this time of the year. Glad you got some fish for dinner, and some tranquil peace for the soul. Congratulations.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scanoe fisher View Post
    *S* one of the perks of being retired. But between "honey do's" and carting around grand kids to soccer practices etc. etc. I still do not get to go nearly as often as I would like.
    There are two rules of retirement,

1. You have plenty of time to take care of my problems (watching kids, house setting for anything, put aside to the last guy/gal to get things done at "their" place or time (like apts, or repairs, or delivery etc etc etc).

2. You are retired so you must be rich and can afford anything on the planet (car repairs/replacement, construction of any kind, trips to anywhere etc etc etc)

......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

8. Likes Waterdog, Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

*S* one of the perks of being retired. But between "honey do's" and carting around grand kids to soccer practices etc. etc. I still do not get to go nearly as often as I would like.

10. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent! wish that was me also....but I'm here stuck at work :-(

Post Thanks / Like

Great report. Thanks for sharing.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Ice House Limit

Got to lake about 8:30 yesterday morning. Almost turned around 1/2 way there as i was getting rained on from about Cameron Park on and of course brought no rain gear. Thought what the heck might as well see what it's like anyway. Fall colors were out and the drive was nice just to get out. Topped the last ridge getting close to the lake and God smiled at me. Clouds were starting to break up a little sun peeking through. Game on! Went to the boat ramp to check things out . All camp grounds had closed back on 10/06. A handful of RVs in the parking lot , deer hunters I think. No one else around. Drove right down the boat ramp turned my truck to the side and set up on the shore right there. 2 rods. Basic sliding sinker rig green and orange gulp. Slight breeze but not bad . First hour not much of anything. One very soft slight unenthusiastic nibble. Checked bait on one rod pretty much gone added a piece of Gulp night crawler to that one recast tighten line immediate bite. First fish flopping on the shore typical 10+" planter but good fight and semi fat. Go to back of truck to get stringer and hemostats from my tackle bag and second rod goes off little bigger one maybe 12". Rebait repeat between 9:30 and 11:00 i have 4 fish and a handful of other bites that I missed mostly due to old age and inattention. Silly things like staring at a far off Osprey work or a big splash way out in the lake as something took something else off the top even one really cool silhouette of a trout leaping totally clear of the water to go after a bug of some sort. Or really neat puffy clouds as they drifted by the mountain peaks off in the distance toward the Rubicon. Almost lunch time and I have not had a twitch in over an hour. Your basic devil fish curse. Pack up and head over by the dam . The only road still un-gated( that I could find anyway) that gets you close to the water this time of year. Short walk to the water both poles out start on my lunch and mission accomplished 5th fish and heading home just past noon. Pretty hard to beat Sierra fishing this time of year. Get out there before the snow flies!