Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: how do you like your steak

Lately since I am limited to my mobility, we bought one of the NINJA Foodi Indoor Grills. We do have the one with the internal probe, and it lives up to what they advertize as we cooked Fillet M's and Ribeye's on it and also some frozen wings and some of the air fryer stuff we have. Worth the bucks for me right now........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Actually a good steak is one of my ultimate favorite eats. I’ll eat any steak but I particularly prefer the following. An aged super marbled good cut like porterhouse or ribeye. Sprinkle a little of your favorite rub on it. My favorite commercial store bought rub for most things is Cabelas roasted garlic and beer rub. Grill it hot and fast to sear the flavor and juices in. Grill it so it’s seared on the outside and medium rare on the inside. Use a few wood chips to give it a hint of smoke. Serve on a warm plate with some good side dishes (baked potato and Caesar salad) and if you like wine a fine Cabernet. It is a nirvana moment. Bon Appetit
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

3. Likes Jetspray, bigfin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: how do you like your steak

WD I don't think you would like "rocks" for food, maybe to heat it with.......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

5. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When it comes to steak I say moo me baby, moo me baby all night long. Oh wait, I was thinking of something else. Never mind. Just forget I said that.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

7. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troutinator View Post
    I pulled out a package of back strap from last year's buck and after thawing it out for dinner, I decided to cut half of it into tiny pieces and mixed with a little onion, Dijon, Worcestershire, and capers. Placed the mixture into a chilled bowl and cracked a fresh egg from our chicken coop onto the top of it and served it with crackers. Mmm, Bambi Tartare.
    Me too venison, Bison, Elk, duck, but I draw the line with quail (I feed up to 200 during the winter, and many many more birds with all of my feeders). Nothing like the bounty from God's green earth...…..Jetspray

9. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I cook my steak until the moo is gone. No more.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

11. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I pulled out a package of back strap from last year's buck and after thawing it out for dinner, I decided to cut half of it into tiny pieces and mixed with a little onion, Dijon, Worcestershire, and capers. Placed the mixture into a chilled bowl and cracked a fresh egg from our chicken coop onto the top of it and served it with crackers. Mmm, Bambi Tartare.

13. Likes Jetspray, okie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: how do you like your steak

Quote Originally Posted by Ldubs View Post
    Never put ketchup on a steak. The proper way is to make a puddle of ketchup in the plate next to the steak. Then dip each bite of steak before eating! Haha
    I agree, I use mostly rubs on meats. I have 3 different types of multi-bladed stickers as well as injection tools. When I use the rubs, I tenderize the meat after putting on the rub, this pushes the rub into the meats, then I apply a little more rub and vacuum seal the meat and let it set over night in the fridge before doing the BBQ/Smoke the next day. If I put the meat in a metal tray while in the smoker, I rinse out the vacuum bag and pour it into the tray before cooking. These are all extra steps but the result is worth the effort......Jetspray

15. Likes Salmonhead#1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    I always like mine rare, just hack off a piece of the cow and give me the quivering steak on the plate.......Jetspray
    that's the only way to eat steak,
    cut his horns off, wipe his butt and send him out here.
    be safe

17. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    If anyone fixes me a steak, I never pour ketchup on it (all of the BBQ stuff has that as one of the main ingredients), and like Clint Eastwood said (in his Dirty Harry movie) "No one but no one puts ketchup on a hot dog". I had a friend who was going to put A1 on a Porterhouse Steak I fixed for him, and I said if one drop hits the steak I will throw it in the garbage can...…..Jetspray
    Never put ketchup on a steak. The proper way is to make a puddle of ketchup in the plate next to the steak. Then dip each bite of steak before eating! Haha

19. Likes Jetspray liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast