Thread: Wishon 11/24

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wishon 11/24

Troutinator, there are lots of 12-13” browns in Wishon, with a few in the +5lb range. Holdover rainbows can grow to the 25” range too. Opening of the gate in April through May are good times to fish up there. Keep trying and you’ll get a brown.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wishon 11/24

That's impressive. We have fished Wishon for over 20 years and never caught a brown. However, wife did catch a 22" rainbow that oozed eggs all over her fingers several years ago. We like to try and hit it at first opening on Mothers Day.

Post Thanks / Like

Wishon 11/24

Wife and I decided to hit Wishon one last time before the storms hit Tuesday, closing the road to the public for the winter. Lake level was at the bottom of the launch ramp, so no real problem launching, with rainbows swimming throughout the area in 2’ of water. After launching, we headed to the east side of the lake for a trolling run. Got one hit but didn’t stick. Ran to the top of the lake where the Kings River comes in and got a brown or two every pass. Most were 12-13” but I got one around 16”. Ran to NW side of lake and got one brown after getting a few hits. With light dwindling, we ran to the dam and trolled the face. Right past the rock part of the dam, my wife gets a hit: 14” male brown that got a little excited when she held him and tried fertilizing her hand, if you know what I mean.

Overall good day to be out. Caught and released 10-12 browns and 2 rainbows on Rapalas. Water temp was 47-49 depending on part of the lake. Saw three groups fishing on east side of dam and one group fishing off the access road on the west side.