Thread: Happy new year

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Happy new year

Hope everyone had a safe and happy New Years Day. We did.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Happy new year

Went to dinner, bill was $37 but the tip was two twenty dollar bills, just part of the 20/20 challenge. Some back east are doing it as well.....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troutinator View Post
    I ended my year with an unexpected fishing trip, a personal invite from a fellow member on this forum who asked if I wanted to try striper fishing the Delta. Umm, yes! Never have. Got up at 0300 (military time for you civilians), on the road by 0320, dealing with heavy fog in the south valley, drove for over 2 1/2 hours north to Stockton to meet my new friend. His boat and all the gear was ready. I just packed warm clothes (and it was cold) and snacks. We drove to the Delta and we caught stripers! At least a dozen and some keepers. Nothing big, and all we did was troll and I'm sworn to secrecy. I realize it's always a hit and miss and I was expecting anything, but the best part was meeting a new friend, telling stories, sharing pics of fish caught on past trips and all on the last day of the CA fishing season. Oh, it was a tough drive home that evening, and an early bedtime for this ol' fisherman. Happy New Year to all.
    Now THAT is the way to end the year! Nicely done.

4. Likes Jetspray, okie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I ended my year with an unexpected fishing trip, a personal invite from a fellow member on this forum who asked if I wanted to try striper fishing the Delta. Umm, yes! Never have. Got up at 0300 (military time for you civilians), on the road by 0320, dealing with heavy fog in the south valley, drove for over 2 1/2 hours north to Stockton to meet my new friend. His boat and all the gear was ready. I just packed warm clothes (and it was cold) and snacks. We drove to the Delta and we caught stripers! At least a dozen and some keepers. Nothing big, and all we did was troll and I'm sworn to secrecy. I realize it's always a hit and miss and I was expecting anything, but the best part was meeting a new friend, telling stories, sharing pics of fish caught on past trips and all on the last day of the CA fishing season. Oh, it was a tough drive home that evening, and an early bedtime for this ol' fisherman. Happy New Year to all.

6. Likes Waterdog, Stickman, Jetspray, okie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

HAPPY NEW YEAR
    BE SAFE

The new year came roaring in like a lion here in northern Utah with a winter storm warning. Its started snowing about 4am and is quite heavy. The ice fishermen finally started getting onto some of the lakes recently but now their holiday off will be replaced with snow removal for next 2 days. While the national weather service issues warnings, there needs to be a warning about Utah drivers. "Do not drive northern Utah as there will be idiots prowling the roads, when it snows it means go faster."
    2000 SuperDuty F250 Diesel
    2007 Columbia Fisherman 2018XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 Kicker Raymarine Element HV9 4 Electric Walker Downriggers

8. Likes okie, Stickman, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hooks View Post
    Happy new year everyone!

2020 ... 366 days in a leap year. One extra day in February to fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hope I finish the year just like this one,
    pushing down on the grass instead of up.
    be safe

10. Likes Waterdog, wckid, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Year all! A new year and a new decade. May 2020 be blessed and bring happiness to all of you.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

12. Likes Stickman, okie, zipperman, wckid, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy new year everyone!

2020 ... 366 days in a leap year. One extra day in February to fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Catch ya later ... hooks

14. Likes Stickman, okie, wckid, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy new year

just wanted to wish everyone a happy new year, i'm getting tired and sleepy, my not be awake
    at midnight but i'll dream about it with you.
    from the okies home to your, HAPPY NEW YEAR.
    be safe