Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Two more days until I find out of I can move!

Quote Originally Posted by HNR View Post
    I only live one mile from the Douglas County line, have the same zip code as TRE, but my one year pass costs $100. Not complaining, Lyon County property taxes are much lower. We will probably bump into each other soon.
    Hope so we will see each other maybe fishing. My property tax is based on a house built in 1978 so it is way lower than the one I had in Fremont Ca, plus I do not have county taxes on my boat like I had their either, and no smog check on all 4 of my vehicles every year. So a little for a fishing lic ain't so bad...….Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Two more days until I find out of I can move!

I only live one mile from the Douglas County line, have the same zip code as TRE, but my one year pass costs $100. Not complaining, Lyon County property taxes are much lower. We will probably bump into each other soon.

3. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HNR View Post
    On my last day as a CA resident in Dec 2006, I purchased the lifetime fishing, hunting and big game packages. There have been no problems with using them. I live in Smith Valley so I am only 13 miles from CA. It may hurt a little to begin with but it really pays off. Welcome to NV
    +1 for me, I just got my Topaz sticker today $25 for a yearly pass...….Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

5. Likes HNR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On my last day as a CA resident in Dec 2006, I purchased the lifetime fishing, hunting and big game packages. There have been no problems with using them. I live in Smith Valley so I am only 13 miles from CA. It may hurt a little to begin with but it really pays off. Welcome to NV

7. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Two more days until I find out of I can move!

BTW my California out-of-state liscence was $153.58 with the second rod stamp this year.......Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Two more days until I find out of I can move!

:I was paying in excess of $18,000 a year in California for income taxes, it will take me a long time to come close to paying that again. I left in 2006 so that would be 14 years ago in November, that is stll less than $3,000 for that amount of time and stress.......Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FishinJeeper View Post
    Thanks! Someone told me to invest in a California Lifetime License, that way I would never have to pay an out of state license fee. $900 for a lifetime, or $138 a year for an out of state resident.....hmmmm…..I don't know if California has some loop hole that says if you move out of state, it becomes void.

Thank you FishWrong
    No loop holes....I did just that before I left Calif in 2009 and it saves me $$ every year. I have the lifetime hunting license and big game package too.

This year I will get from Calif $1,006.23 worth of non resident licenses and tags for $0.0

I buy the upland game tag and I don't hunt water fowl.

Last edited by hooks; 01-13-2020 at 12:28 PM.
    Catch ya later ... hooks

11. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    I hope wherever you move it goes well for you. Make sure you register your vehicles soon after you move, it will help smooth things out. Check the regs on fishing you may have to get an out of state lic first, it is not as expensive as the California one is.......Jetspray
    Thanks! Someone told me to invest in a California Lifetime License, that way I would never have to pay an out of state license fee. $900 for a lifetime, or $138 a year for an out of state resident.....hmmmm…..I don't know if California has some loop hole that says if you move out of state, it becomes void.

Thank you FishWrong
    Find God, your gonna need him!

Captain of the Little Liberator.

13. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations. Enjoy for your new adventure.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope wherever you move it goes well for you. Make sure you register your vehicles soon after you move, it will help smooth things out. Check the regs on fishing you may have to get an out of state lic first, it is not as expensive as the California one is.......Jetspray

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast