Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Topaz Friday. Very cold, trout sluggish.

Quote Originally Posted by Koke Machine83 View Post
    Looks like a great day to me!!! Thanks for the great Photo's.... Robbie
    +1 Robbie, just wish I could join them. It was in the low teens here Friday, so I know it was the same there. Glad to see the fellows got into some good fish though. Most of the fish are on the hunt for food, not much caught unless you are close to the bottom, in shallow water this time of year....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Topaz Friday. Very cold, trout sluggish.

Looks like a great day to me!!! Thanks for the great Photo's.... Robbie

3. Likes Jetspray, Captain Compassion liked this post
    Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Topaz Friday. Very cold, trout sluggish.

Jeff Bovero and I spent Friday at Topaz Lake. Temps were in the low teens with ice fog making things more miserable. That's ok this is what you have to do if you want to fish in winter in Nevada. We fished for 5 hours and got 5 fish to the shore. Water temps remain very cold making the fish sluggish. Fish ranged from one small stocker to a 17 inch beauty. In the trout mix was one Bowcutt. Thanks for the ride Jeff. We'll have to see what next week brings.

CC

Very Cold Morning

Trout Sluggish

Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid