Post Thanks / Like

Re: Next Striped Bass meeting and agenda from the Commission

Let me know and I will try to gather up some people for the next meeting . I am self employed so I can schedule it. Need time and place. email robertsteele1@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Next Striped Bass meeting and agenda from the Commission

The video of the CDFG striper/delta fisheries management meeting on 2/21 is below if you're interested. They passed a version of the policy ending the old outdated 1996 policy and just changed a few words for now. They said this is just the first step of the Delta fishery management rules and striper policy but really need the legislature to foot the bill for studies because stripers aren't endangered, not native and the money they have now needs to first go to 80 or so other species. President Sklar said the legislature is the 'purse strings' for studies so they can come up with the science for a final draft and 'limit' for stripers more or less and said this decision today wouldn't please either side. They don't want to eradicate the stripers. Many fisherman and guides disagree.

They're committed to supporting the striped bass fishery and said they want better communication and dialogue with all stakeholders and that the new policy calls out explicit support for all game fisheries. That it's a commitment to the fishery as well as recovery of native species. The meeting starts at 4:24 and ends at 5:26 on the time bar. A few people showed b/c it started at 1pm. After a good 7 min opening, there's 3 speakers..2 on water rights, 1 for fisherman. Then 12 people from the crowd including "Captain Mike Gravert" who was pretty mad in his 2 minute speech, wow!!!. The last 15 minutes were speeches by the F&G. The Director of F&W kinda laid into some of the speakers(Mike?). It'll be a while before any real changes are made, that's if they do make changes.

http://videobookcase.org/fishandgame...2020_02_21.mp4
    Last edited by Mark1; 03-02-2020 at 04:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Next Striped Bass meeting and agenda from the Commission

I briefly spoke to Erik Sklar..President of the Calif. Fish and Game Commission on 2/14. I asked him about what time the Striper Amendment meeting Item #23 of 33 would start, he said around noon or later. He's a real nice guy but he didn't give me a scoop on the final decison, but I didn't expect it. Also..There's Item #27 .. "Central Valley Sport fishing"...on Salmon and a couple other things on the local rivers.

Don't miss the next Commission meeting of the new Striped Bass policy and possible amendment set for..Feb. 21, 2020. The meeting starts at 8am but it's..ITEM 23. "Draft Delta Fisheries Management Policy".. The Striped Bass policy amendment might start around 10am or later?..because it's item 23 out of 33 items up for discussion for the working 8 hr day. It's at the
    Natural Resources Building – Auditorium, First Floor 1416 Ninth Street, Sacramento, CA. There will be a lot of people there. The next F&G Commission meeting is April 15-16, 2020.
    Last edited by Mark1; 02-22-2020 at 03:18 AM.

4. Likes Fractoggen liked this post