Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hitchhikers Board

good point, but I still think that it would be nice to have people with the stars on their boats to come ask others. If one of them was to ask another person if they wanted to fish from their boat, then they'd probably just met the newest sniffer. I'm getting a float tube soon, and I don't want to buy stars, so I will paint stars and write below them "FishSniffers."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oxbow
    For the record, I have posted numerous times for someone to ride along with me. *I have met some good fishing partners this way but I have only received a response about half the time. *Keep checking the board, you'll come up with some rides. *

You have to figure that the guy/gal with the boat will usually pick the time and place but if you contact those that don't fit your schedule, you might be able to arrange a future trip. *Be ready to state your approximate location, how far you are willing to travel, what days you have off etc.

Good Luck
    I will second that...I have gotten a ride from him off these boards. He is a good man...Even better captin [smiley=rolleyes.gif] hehe, I know you hate that. :P

Hijack:
    Sorry about Sunday...If you checked out my thread on Pyramid, you would know I was beat! MLF sent me a pm later that day asking if you guys left me at the ramp...NO WAY! I had just woke up when you posted your report. [smiley=seestars.gif]. I told him that we need to get together once this weather turns good. hopefully thats sooner than later, I need some extended sunshine! :'(

Post Thanks / Like

For the record, I have posted numerous times for someone to ride along with me. I have met some good fishing partners this way but I have only received a response about half the time. Keep checking the board, you'll come up with some rides.

You have to figure that the guy/gal with the boat will usually pick the time and place but if you contact those that don't fit your schedule, you might be able to arrange a future trip. Be ready to state your approximate location, how far you are willing to travel, what days you have off etc.

Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by agodwin
    DW, I live off of Lawrence Expwy and Bollinger, over by Lynbrook High School, So that's about 3-5 miles away. Not a problem. I just need to get out to the water with my parents' permission. Thanks for the info and help guys. There's only one problem, my dad doesn't know I'm on the boards, so, Telling him I'm gonna meet sniffers, won't exactly be a great thing in his books. I have given some pretty full reports, but they seemed to have been deleted on the Bass Boards. I fish vasona, Steven's Creek, and I'm gonna try almaden Lake, and possibly the reservoir. I found out that there is a difference. :)
    Don't know what to tell ya about the deleted threads...I bet what GVF said was right, sometimes someone can read a report wrong, or just say something really dumb, and the landslide effect sets in and all the sudden the thread is gone.

Also, if your dad is against you doing that, I would chill for a while...untill you are more independant. He should be cool with you just being on the boards, but I understand about meeting strangers....Isn't that one of the first thing you were taught as a kid? I know this is a different situation, but you need to look at this from your dads perspective. You are going to some huge lake in someones boat that you talk to online. I think that is one reason that people don't respond to some of the posts on this board...but I like the mystery... I think it adds to the experience, plus you get to make new friends.
    Like a few of us have said, you might need to meet them while fishing from the bank, talk to them at the end of the day, BS on the board, then maybe you will get invited instead of having to ask.

2 more cents.

Post Thanks / Like

It must have been a mistake. I just know that it was gone, unless someone else posted some bad things on there. It was a thread about vasona in December.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont understand why would your posts be deleted of the bass boards that usually takes some sh** talking to get that done!!

Post Thanks / Like

DW, I live off of Lawrence Expwy and Bollinger, over by Lynbrook High School, So that's about 3-5 miles away. Not a problem. I just need to get out to the water with my parents' permission. Thanks for the info and help guys. There's only one problem, my dad doesn't know I'm on the boards, so, Telling him I'm gonna meet sniffers, won't exactly be a great thing in his books. I have given some pretty full reports, but they seemed to have been deleted on the Bass Boards. I fish vasona, Steven's Creek, and I'm gonna try almaden Lake, and possibly the reservoir. I found out that there is a difference. :)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Know_Excuses
    [quote author=GVF link=1143970623/0#7 date=1144006974]
    PS I would like to add Know Excuses to my list ;D
    I would be honored to be added to that list,and vice versa ;D ;D[/quote]

Looking foward to it Know excuses

Post Thanks / Like

The best way to get others to open up to you is by posting GOOD reports, and I'm not talking about just good fishing days. A good report includes everything about the day of fishing. Even if you got skunked include when, where, how deep, and what was used. I still can't get the pic's down yet, but those help too. I went out with Set_The_Hook this weekend via the HH board. Check out my report and the fish!!

http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/f...num=1144014183

I might have added too much info, but whats in green is the MOST IMPORTANT PART!! A few reports with pic's, and people will know what you look like, and it gives them some insight into your abilities as a fisherman. I took me about ten solid reports and about 3 HH threads to get a ride, but it has paid off as you can see from the link. I have met tons of sniffers JUST THIS YEAR!!! I've only been a sniffer since 1/08/05 at 2:44pm thats only 145 Days since joining and have made almost a friend a day. Get out and meet these great folks.

As for the youngins, I just got a pontoon boat from costco for $300. Thats all you need to get in the area of guys with boats, put some stars on the pontoon and hollar at the guys you see that have stars on thir rigs...Once you know them personally, you can BS with them on here...eventually you will have a group of close sniffers...hopefully one will have a boat! ;)

another good idea might be to go to that show at melones. Talk to some folks, ASK IF THEY'RE SNIFFERS!!! If they say "what's that?" then you just met the newest member, tell him about the site, and make sure he checks it out! They will remember you and maybe you'll get a ride that way! GOOD LUCK!!

fourbizzle

As i have a sneaking suspension that there is some confusion, I am 21 which is still pretty young I guess, but not a minor. If it helps get a ride you can ask my mommy and daddy though!!!!jk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast