Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Star Re: Pond Fishing in Sacramento

I was out there at the DWC today, a bit further down from the Barge, and caught a nice 21'' striper from the bank on a live jumbo minnow. Took all 10 minutes before I had a hit. My lucky day I guess.image-20180114_104949.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by natemeister View Post
    I recommended the Barge part of the DWC, where I've been able to catch plenty of Bluegills and some bass recently. Lots of shore to walk and try your luck/skill. What do you think of William B Pond this tims of year? The recent rainfall may make it slightly hard to walk/navigate, but it's usually a hotspot for Bluegills and Bass, too. And very accessible, with parking close to the wood deck area.

2. Likes KERPOW, monkey916 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pond Fishing in Sacramento

Quote Originally Posted by natemeister View Post
    I recommended the Barge part of the DWC, where I've been able to catch plenty of Bluegills and some bass recently. Lots of shore to walk and try your luck/skill. What do you think of William B Pond this tims of year? The recent rainfall may make it slightly hard to walk/navigate, but it's usually a hotspot for Bluegills and Bass, too. And very accessible, with parking close to the wood deck area.
    Ill probably check it out this weekend, my friend recommended it to me back in the fall, but I never ended up going. Its a bit of a drive for me, but I'll probably just do a lot of pond hopping on that day. That friend says that it always produces fish, and I haven't caught a legal bass this year (not that I keep them anyway).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by urlocalfisherman View Post
    This time of year fishing is really tough for bass. I have gone to some spots where I go on a bad day to loose the skunk, and all of my backup ponds have failed me recently. I even had a hard time hooking into some bluegill, I'm just spending this time of year to scout out areas. If you don't catch any at a pond right now, you should not rule them out for fishing in the spring. For shore fishing I had more luck in Folsom Lake than in ponds recently, that might just be me though. Fish get very slow at this time of year so locating them is pretty hard. For bluegill and bass I would check out a pond that is near sailor bar, no promises, there is a large amount of vegetation right now and it will be hard to entertain children, but if I was you I would wait a couple of months.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzhev View Post
    Hi
    Is that any places where i can fish now with 2 daughters? For a bluegill and bass? I am new to all this and spend 2 days driving around folsom area ponds but no luck :( can you tell me where i can fish this time of the year?
    This time of year fishing is really tough for bass. I have gone to some spots where I go on a bad day to loose the skunk, and all of my backup ponds have failed me recently. I even had a hard time hooking into some bluegill, I'm just spending this time of year to scout out areas. If you don't catch any at a pond right now, you should not rule them out for fishing in the spring. For shore fishing I had more luck in Folsom Lake than in ponds recently, that might just be me though. Fish get very slow at this time of year so locating them is pretty hard. For bluegill and bass I would check out a pond that is near sailor bar, no promises, there is a large amount of vegetation right now and it will be hard to entertain children, but if I was you I would wait a couple of months.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzhev View Post
    Hi
    Is that any places where i can fish now with 2 daughters? For a bluegill and bass? I am new to all this and spend 2 days driving around folsom area ponds but no luck :( can you tell me where i can fish this time of the year?
    Bass and Bluegills are harder to catch in the winter, but you can get them at Mather Lake and the Sacramento Deep Water Channel in West Sac.
    I was there about 10 days ago, with my baby on my chest and his grandfather who uses a walker, so it is a really accessible spot. I made a video of the area and how to catch Bluegills there, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WRghFgcdIU. The bass are there as well, as I've caught a couple, but like the Bluegills, you gotta put the lure right in front of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LordRooster View Post
    to save you some time, I've checked about half a dozen ponds out that I found on google earth. they are all either private (farms or associations) or duck ponds located in some little park not good for anything other than bluegill.

This exclude the city ponds that receive trout and catfish plants.

The pond at sailors bar is no good. The bass in there are skitish and little. caught a few bluegill there but that's about it.

If you want a spot to take the grand kids to ensure you catch something shoot me aPM I'll tell you about a little duck pond that you can catch blue gill at all day long.
    Hi

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger11Danger View Post
    if your going to averys pond ive found a way to get there with only 10 min walk pm if your interested happy to share a spot
    I took my son there last month and we couldn't buy a bass, but he caught a crap ton of bluegill and turtles

Post Thanks / Like

if your going to averys pond ive found a way to get there with only 10 min walk pm if your interested happy to share a spot

Post Thanks / Like

Avery's pond is a good one. Hike in at rattelsnake bar. It's about a mile up the horse trail if you go in from horse trailer parking. And if pond is not hitting the lake( North fork inlet) is 25 yards from pond.
    Dropped Pin
    near Averys Pond Trail, Pilot Hill, CA 95664

https://goo.gl/maps/ULvyXdx5wwk

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Last edited by maulich; 07-09-2017 at 05:37 AM.

11. Likes John Bob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by taperj View Post
    My Grandson says the only thing he wants for his birthday is to go fishing, I dont know where and would really like to take him somewhere he can at least catch one fish
    Try beals point in the early morning, throw some small baits around the willow trees and I am sure you will catch some bass.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast