Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Newbie says "Hello" and needs advice

Thanks Sideliner!
    Do you fish the actual forebay at Clifton or surrounding waters? Please report how you do on Moss Landing and Rio. I have been looking at those areas too. Tomorrow I'm going to Los Vaqueros with my dad to see what we can do. Don't think the fishing is hot but I have seen some big striper out of there on youtube and one caught while I tried my luck. Just wasn't mine :-(
    Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome RideNfish, Your spot on with the baits and set up, ya just need the bank access. I am a banky myself and just moved to the Tracy area. You can add to the list of places like California Aquaduct, Clifton court forebay. But you got to weed out a lot of shakers until your first keeper. I myself will try the Rio Vista or Mossdale area this weekend and scout it out. I am still trying to learn how to read the water as stated here on the forums. Welcom again and Tight Lines!!

Post Thanks / Like

RideNfish,Welcome to the Fish Sniffer Boards,sorry I can't help you much on the striper fishing stuff I'm in the same boat you are(Trout an Kokes)but I'm sure some of our striper experts will soon chime in,an trust me we have the best here,good luck,Don

Post Thanks / Like

Newbie says "Hello" and needs advice

Hi all,
    Well I lurked for a few days and now I'm in. I am brand new to the striper thing and could use some advice. I am limited to bank fishing and want to get my dad out with me since he doesn't get around like he used to.

I have read about using chovies, sardines, mudsuckers, and shad but don't know what to use when. I live in Modesto so the closer to me the better. Rio Vista? Sherman Island? Even have tried Los Vaqueros Reservoir. Generally use a sliding weight with a 2' leader and 5/0 hook.
    I have spent my life trout fishing and am ready to play with some closer waters

Thank you all in advance and nice to meet ya!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12