Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fordyce

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fordyce

I haven't been there in years. Use to catch some big bows and browns there but that was a long time ago. I am planning a overnight up to Sterling and Fordyce just cause that area is so beautiful. Anyone know if there are any catchable trout in Sterling? I assume they don't plant either Sterling or Fordyce.
    I have never caught any brookies Fordyce .
    Another question - is the road into Fordyce still pretty rough? I assume I will put my 4x4 to good use
    Getting in there.
    Last edited by Waterdog; 08-23-2011 at 07:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fordyce

I have been here a few times with my boat. Good camping spots on the otherside of the lake. The fishing is soso. Biggest was a 4# rainbow. No browns left in there. Nowhere to spawn in the fall, the inlets in the fall run like as if someone left a water hose on. Brookies from there? Never heard of one being caught there. Picture?

Post Thanks / Like

Fordyce

I went camping at Lake Fordyce this last weekend and brought my kayak with me to try for some trout. The end result was one 10 inch brook trout that I caught trolling a night crawler behind a 4/0 dodger. I tried everything else without success. The few guys brave enough to bring boats in on that road were heading to the other side of the lake so perhaps they knew something I didn't!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123