This inspection crap is becoming a joke
    Pedro and melones don’t have inspections just bs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shush, don't rock the boat. Leave Pedro and Melones out of it

23.5' Duckworth Navigator, Yamaha F150

Post Thanks / Like

Boat inspection list

Quote Originally Posted by one more cast View Post
    Should boats that have been in waters with the mussels have a sticker put on it, and leave the rest of us alone.
    This inspection crap is becoming a joke
    Pedro and melones don’t have inspections just bs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Ldd; 08-08-2019 at 09:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boat inspection list

Should boats that have been in waters with the mussels have a sticker put on it, and leave the rest of us alone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coltsfan87 View Post
    What happens if you get turned away? Gotta find the nearest car wash w a pressure sprayer?
    To my understanding, if you fail you inspection at Pardee or Amador, you have to drive to Comanche. They have a decontamination station there. Basically, you pay someone to spray your boat with heated water, which kills them. Once that is done, they put a tag on your boat motor. If your tag is broken, means its been used since the last time it was decontaminated, and you have to go through the process again.
    Captain of the Little Liberator.

Post Thanks / Like

Boca and Stampede just have a boating history report, no actual inspector. I have been inspected at Lake Pardee and Comanche.
    Captain of the Little Liberator.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoney View Post
    Camanche has them.I saw three boats in a row get turned away.I guy said he hadnt used his boat in several months and used his muffs to run the engine before going and when he lowered his outdrive water came out so he failed.
    What happens if you get turned away? Gotta find the nearest car wash w a pressure sprayer?

100% Accurate reports
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a report dated August 2007 it was prepared for the Department of Fish and Game California by the San Francisco Estuary Institute in Oakland California. The report was for the potential distribution of zebra mussels and quagga mussels in California. There were a hundred and sixty bodies of water tested in California for their suitability for supporting populations of zebra mussels based on water quality the report uses five different thresholds of calcium levels because they are not certain about the calcium levels effect on these muscles. Most of the reports suggest that low calcium levels prevent colonization of these muscles. Their shells are developed utilizing calcium in the water. The report showed no threat 2 Don Pedro or the Tuolumne River. It showed no threat to the Stanislaus River but neglected 2 provide any information on Melones. The Mokelumne American River Sacramento River near Red Bluff had no threat based on water conditions. There are several bodies of water in this report some which are highly susceptible to the spread of the muscles. It is obvious that these areas can cause the spread because of the waterways being connected in many places. I'm glad for the public awareness campaign but having muscle sniffing dog search my boat and these other crazy parameters that they are laying out is merely stupid. If your boat was used in an infected body of water I understand then restricting you from using that same boat in bodies of water that are clear of the muscles. I support that 100%. But when my boat only goes to New Melones or mccluer or Pedro I don't appreciate the communist approach they are using. The sad part is they use the same type of tactics to control the water. They take excerpts of studies and spin them to suit their needs. It's a big tuggawar through a pile of BS.
    StikMan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kightboy View Post
    Is there a fee to be paid at Stampede too? I have a sticker on my boat from an April inspection at Pardee. Was that sticker only good for that day?
    No fee, so far. Boca is the same-self inspection and fill out form.
    It is only time until they begin to charge at all lakes since it is a money maker for the environmental contractors. Their grants evidently ran out so they are looking for revenue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OYD View Post
    Stampede has a self inspection form with part to be placed on your windshield.
    Is there a fee to be paid at Stampede too? I have a sticker on my boat from an April inspection at Pardee. Was that sticker only good for that day?

Post Thanks / Like

Stampede has a self inspection form with part to be placed on your windshield.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast