Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Yosemite in Merced ca

we used to fish that lake back in the day. the best spots were where the water goes in and out of the lake. inflated nightcrawlers used to kill it. i havent fished that lake in over 15 years now. my uncle lives like 10mins from there ill tell him to go check the old spots. ill post his report when he fishes.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Yosemite in Merced ca

Thanks for sharing. Do you ever fish lures there. While soakin' your powerbait try tossing a Kastmaster, rapala cd3, or an 1/4oz. Panther martin. Good job even catching a trout from the bank in this 100 valley heat, lol.
    A bad fisherman will leave trash and take fish.
    A good fisherman will leave fish and take trash.

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Yosemite in Merced ca

I just started fishing again after ten years ad decided to go to the lake. I've found a little area where I'm guarenteed nibbles and fish! I've been going to the back of the lake off old lake road and fish down by the railing on the way to the lighthouse. The first day there within 15 min of throwing my line in I caught a good size rainbow trout. Again the next day 15 min throwing it out another rainbow trout. There were a few days I didn't get one single bite but on the days with less activity in the water and no kids throwing rocks in my direction I end up catching at least one. I've watched a few people catch other fish by the entrance gate to the side. I used salmon eggs Ans rainbow glitter powerbait. I was also told by a gentleman that if you go by the little dam at the front of the lake you'll catch bass as well as the end of the lake through the front entrance. Just to let others in the area know that there are fish out there!