PDA

View Full Version : Rock fish in Tomales Bay?

Uncle_Sam
09-22-2006, 10:23 PM
I've been studying the charts of Tomales Bay. I noticed one area of Pelican Point where the NOAA chart shows "RCK". The abreviation for rocky bottom is "RCKY". The chart shows an almost vetical bottom formation that goes to within 9 feet of the surface and then drops off sharply. The area near this formation has the "RCK" bottom designation. Does anyone know anything about this? Has anyone fished the area? Has anyone ever caught rock fish in Tomales Bay?

Ushgambala
09-24-2006, 04:34 PM
Ive never caught a rock fish in Tomales , now right at the point on the left as you are going out, right past where the waves break ive nailed some nice lings, but I didnt feel very comfortable being right there. :-?

On a side note, Can you imagine what Tomales was like when the Stripers were there? It must have been paradise!

lakehopper
09-25-2006, 02:33 PM
I have fished just inside Tomales Bay when we it was too rough to get out. The structure on the fishfinder looked great and we were hoping for some rockfish, but nada. Not even a bite. We were even marking fish but not sure what they were.