PDA

View Full Version : Ft. Bragg report

BASNFAN
09-22-2006, 07:36 PM
Just got home today from a weeks stay at Ft. Bragg. Last Sunday I went out on a very good, clean boat with a good crew - the Rumblefish. I highly recommend them. Anyhow, there were 11 of us on the the 50 ft boat so crowding was not an issue. I think just about everybody got limits of rockies and most had at least one ling and quite a few of us had our two. My bigger one was estimated to be 18 to 20 lbs, and was about equal to the other big ling on the boat. Darn! We did not have a big fish pot! >:( I did try one day for surf perch at McKerricher but could not get a bite fishing right thru hightide. The ranger said the perch have not been around much this summer for some reason. Anyhow, we had a great time and only saw fog one morning and it burnt off by noon.
BASNFAN

keciga1
09-22-2006, 07:52 PM
Glad to hear you had a good time. Thanks for the report.

AllFishNoWork
09-23-2006, 06:22 PM
Only 1 foggy morning in a week at Fort Bragg is awesome. The Rumblefish is a very nice boat, too bad they cancelled the 2 trips I had booked with them. Glad to hear you had a good time.

fishhook60
09-24-2006, 05:01 AM
well gald you guys had a good experiance with he rumble fish i didnt booked trip on tuesday got there saturday morning after four hour drive to be told you cant go on that boat it was chartered i told the lady y you didnt tell me theat tuesday when i booked trip any way ill never do that again

Fort_Bragger
09-24-2006, 01:09 PM
FH60: * That's doesn't seam like the Noyo Fishing Center or the Rumblefish crew that I know. *There are some other good boats out of Noyo. *Captain Randy on the Telstar is also an excellent fisherman, and a good boat to go out on. *I haven'y been out on the Sea Hawk or the Lady Irma 11, but I have read good reports on them also. *Did you try and go out on another boat? *Hope you give Fort Bragg another chance. *PM me next time out and I'll talk to Captain Kurt and to the deck hands (Rick or Mike) to see if they are willing to try and make it up to you........Ben.

fishhook60
09-24-2006, 05:52 PM
fort bragger that has been a few years ago dont know if it had anything to do with the captain i just know i specifly asked the woman answering the phone to be on that boat a certain day and when i arrive with a buddy i was told it was chartered i have been on a few boats over there since always catch rock fish