PDA

View Full Version : capsized boat by pigeon point

double time
10-01-2012, 09:03 AM
does anyone know what happened.On the news they said-2 swam to shore and 2 were missing.Was this a private boat or charter.I"m hope its not who I think it is-I know there was supposed to be a charter out of hmb on a smaller boat-going for tuna.coast guard was searching last night.lets all pray for the safety of these fishin fools-its 1 big family.god bless

redneckpunk
10-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Double time they didnt give many details last night on the news but here is a link with video showing the boat, an 18ft Striper with o/b, flipped over on shore.
2 Boaters Missing After Vessel Capsizes Off San Mateo County Coast CBS Sacramento (http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/10/01/2-boaters-missing-after-vessel-capsizes-off-san-mateo-county-coast/)

~RNP

bassman408
10-02-2012, 08:53 AM
Man, I just heard about this. I wonder if it was really that bad out there on Sunday. I was out there with couple guys on kayaks on Saturday and it wasn't too bad.

Curious myself to know if they were able to rescue the remaining 2 people. Hope everything turned out ok.

redneckpunk
10-02-2012, 03:12 PM
Latest update is that one of the missing bodies has washed ashore with no sign of the second. Reports are that the two survivors were wearing PFD's while the other two were not.

~RNP

BIG_ONE
10-02-2012, 04:01 PM
Latest update is that one of the missing bodies has washed ashore with no sign of the second. Reports are that the two survivors were wearing PFD's while the other two were not.

~RNP

I hope this will stricken the PFD laws. Under a certain condition, you don't swim like you do in a pool - I don't care if your as good as Michael Phelps. You will never beat mother nature in the end.
All prayers goes out to the family and hopefully the other body will be recover soon.

iggybabble
10-02-2012, 06:48 PM
For an 18 footer, conditions don't have to be too bad for a boat to capsize.......boat overloaded, too much water in the cockpit, etc. 4 guys, possibly big guys, all on a stern corner? It's purely speculative, and truly sad but an 18 foot boat miles from a safe harbor is a risky venture......Tuna is especially deadly, it's real easy to have a good day and become greedy, and to overload a boat with fish. Time will tell, but I've seen a lot of very sad and totally avoidable boating accidents occur in similar circumstances.....bob

MyPhoenix2301
10-02-2012, 07:24 PM
The boat turned out to be a Striper 2301 which is actually a 24' boat. I have one. Pictures of the boat on the rocks is very sobering. No one goes out with me without a life vest on. Such a tragedy.

YoungAsianFisher
10-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Man I hope one of the two that were missing aren't who I think they are... I recently heard from my friend that their uncle in law drowned last week or so from fishing and they just had the funeral. The man owned an auto shop near Candlestick too... My hair is standing up just from thinking if they're the same group...