PDA

View Full Version : Any Alameda Rockwall action recently?

bluestar
09-08-2006, 07:53 PM
Planning to go Saturday morning. Just wondering if anyone's been there recently. Any more halibuts?

jerdh71
09-10-2006, 07:35 AM
I was out there about 10 days ago and we caught some small butts

bretmoua
09-10-2006, 09:08 PM
I'm just wondering if this is the rock wall by oakland internation airport and the ferry that takes you out to san fran.

drakemallard
09-10-2006, 09:26 PM
it is the wall that guards the retired U.S Hornet and its in alameda

pontoon_crew
09-11-2006, 11:03 AM
IVE only fished there a few times and was wondering if its worth walking way down towards the end.I have never caught a striper or hali fishing around the first bend.

vdub
09-11-2006, 12:53 PM
i've caught a pretty good striper at the first bend before. but there are a lot more bat rays than anything

kromebrite
09-11-2006, 01:22 PM
I assume you know where the launch is and have seen where to walk out to the end. Go ALL the way to the end, around that first corner the the peak where it jets out to the opening by the ships(did that make sense??). The water is from 30-50 feet deep right there, only 10 yards or so from the rocks. Lots of fish hold there. Shark city at times! Lots of rays, true. Midshipmen or sardine seems to cut down on the ray attention. Halis? Not sure. I think they are out more on the flats. Striper hold there, though.

pontoon_crew
09-11-2006, 02:15 PM
Right on I know where your talking about,theres definetely alot of rays around there.

Ushgambala
09-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Havent been there for a few months, but did catch a 5 1/2 ft leopard, two hali's barely legal hali's. Saw plenty of butts and stripers caught there.

bluestar
09-11-2006, 04:48 PM
Report -

I was there on Saturday. One pull down, nothing else. Pretty dead. One other boat; 5-6 fishermen on shore. Did not see any fish caught during the 4 hours I was out there.

hooklinesinker
09-12-2006, 01:57 AM
If you fish off the beach when you first start coming down the walk way you can land some MONSTER rays and some good sized skates there. I landed a 65 lb ray there the other day using whole anchovies. If you want the bigger sharks go around the first turn and keep going through the fence where the concrete walkway ends. Go down for a bit that's where the deep water is. There's also a lot of smelt and the occasional mackeral if you hang a couple of worms under a bobber. There's also some perch there, just cast your line out about 6-8 ft. They tend to swim amoung the rocks so expect to get hung up occasionaly. Good sized butts haven't been seen there in a while and it's still a little early I think for the stripers in the area. Hope this helps

Eric_csus14
09-16-2006, 08:40 AM
Thinking about heading to Alameda for the first time to take my dad out. I heard there are lots of sharks and rays which are cool with me. Besides the basic sliding sinker steel leader rig, what else should i bring? ANy other species to target, and if so, how? Thanks guys
-E

Eric_csus14
09-16-2006, 08:49 AM
Also, how do you get there?
Thanks!

hooklinesinker
09-16-2006, 05:33 PM
Bring a warm jacket or sweater cause it gets really windy over there. Rockwall is located right next to Encinal high school in Alameda. There is a long driveway just to the right of the school. If your going to fast you may miss it. As of now sharks and rays are your best bet. Not much else out there.

bobby
09-18-2006, 07:58 AM
does anyone have the GPS cordinates on this spot? or other good shark spots?