PDA

View Full Version : who hunts liberty island

mdue151
10-16-2012, 10:13 AM
if anyone knows who hunts liberty island please pm me....someone took down my blind and i want to know who it was...thanks

Racinrob
10-16-2012, 10:11 PM
Possibly DFG. There are to be no permanent blinds set up in that area from what I have been told. If you leave stuff in a public area, you might expect it to be taken too. More than just hunters go out there. Sorry for the loss.

delta916
10-31-2012, 02:59 PM
Lots of folks hunt Liberty. I've been known to hunt there myself. I'll never understand putting up a blind in a public area and expecting it to be there when you return. Most guys who have done this at liberty will tell you their stuff has been messed with. You should post this on DHC or refuge forums and see what kind of response you get.

Reel Fun
11-03-2012, 05:16 PM
I do not know who hunts there.....but I know who doesn't!! I saw a duck boat being towed in today by the Sheriff!! There looked to be 2-3 guys sitting inside with there hands "behind" them??

RF

tonsofun
11-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Can you walk over the bridge and back there away and wade out there or is it too deep?

mdue151
11-04-2012, 10:00 PM
u can walk back a good ways..only hip deep...but to get to the big water theres a stretch about 50 yards thats 6-7 ft....and i did that to take my fiances little brother whos 12 andd my brothers hunting for the first time..its just plain rude that people do that...i mean ya use it but to destroy and steal something that someone put alot of time into....someones momma musta not of taught them right from wrong...sorry for being mean just trying to vent lol

BIG_ONE
11-05-2012, 10:20 PM
u can walk back a good ways..only hip deep...but to get to the big water theres a stretch about 50 yards thats 6-7 ft....and i did that to take my fiances little brother whos 12 andd my brothers hunting for the first time..its just plain rude that people do that...i mean ya use it but to destroy and steal something that someone put alot of time into....someones momma musta not of taught them right from wrong...sorry for being mean just trying to vent lol

Here's the thing. Public land - you can't claim which area should be yours to keep. Even if you walked 3 mountains and crossed over 3 oceans, public property is public property. It's like saying if your fishing on the bank, and a boat comes sit right in front of you and said that "the bankers must share public water". Leaving anything behind on public property, can be considered as littering & illegal dumping.

delta916
11-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Public property is just that. Anyone and everyone has access to the blind you built. Why would you expect it to be there when you go back? Go park your car with the windows down and the keys in it at any mall. Would you expect it to be there when you return?