PDA

View Full Version : tagged fish?

fish_4_alivin
09-04-2006, 09:28 PM
Caught two tagged fish this weekend. One ling and one blue. How often does this happen?

fish_4_alivin
09-06-2006, 06:10 PM
guess no one has caught any?

Chief_Sniffer
09-06-2006, 08:31 PM
Caught about a half dozen fish over the years with tags.

nelson9
09-07-2006, 06:59 PM
Good job on the tagged fish. I just fished on Wed. with Sea Grant on a rockfish tagging trip. We caught and tagged over 300 fish. Most of the fish were blacks, blues and some canarys. Not many lings on that day. I'm not sure of the exact numbers, but I beleive over the last two summers there have been over 6,000 rockcod and lings tagged. About 200 have been recaptured with their tags reported. The success of the Duxbury reef fish tagging study is really dependent on anglers reporting their tagged fish. They're studying the movement of rockfish and the effects of barotrauma on released fish. I believe one fish was recaptured up by Oregon. A large number of fish recaptured and reported would indicate that the fish can be caught and released successfully. A rockfish can be released using an inverted milk crate with a rope or a device like a Shelton Fish Descender. The idea is to get the fish back down to a water depth where it can recompress. Please report your tagged fish. The more accurate information and science we have the better our fish resources can be managed. It will benefit us anglers in the future.

misfits
09-08-2006, 01:59 PM
Wheres the pictures of these fish? And why and you called lately to brag Brian. Your getting pretty bad.

Chris

fish_4_alivin
09-08-2006, 06:13 PM
PM your mail adress and Ill get it to you