PDA

View Full Version : Amador trout derby

Marv
10-30-2012, 09:26 AM
I was just checking Amador's site and seen an ad, it says " trout derby is back Nov.23-Mar.31

What the hack is this? Tagged fish, Or weekly derbies?

Jfitalia
10-30-2012, 09:48 AM
it's a tagged trout derby. They tag fish and when you catch one you bring it in to see what you win. They also throw you in a drawing to win some money at the end. Most people just snagged the tag fish as they swim by. I got 4 last trolling and they can be good for a free day use, free lunch, free camping, free boat launch or rental

crappieman67
10-30-2012, 10:06 AM
Something you may not no is, you HAVE TO BE PRESENT to win. Meaning at the end of March/april they have a awards drawing. I got 2 last year and I was unable to make the date and my prizes went to someone who was present. The boat rentals and smaller stuff i think is given out at the time you catch the fish.

Good Luck

Chris

Jfitalia
10-30-2012, 11:11 AM
Something you may not no is, you HAVE TO BE PRESENT to win. Meaning at the end of March/april they have a awards drawing. I got 2 last year and I was unable to make the date and my prizes went to someone who was present. The boat rentals and smaller stuff i think is given out at the time you catch the fish.

Good Luck

Chris

this is correct. I dont want to know what prizes I missed out on last year.

buckman78
10-30-2012, 11:44 AM
last year took my fishing partner and his brother out, and his brother got a nice 6 lber with a tag as our first and biggest fish of the day. all day long we wondered what we got, already splitting the cash, or planning our camping trip. well, it was a t shirt. haha. at first we were disapointed, but his brother only fishes with us once a year, and now all he says is "went to amador and all i got was a t-shirt and the biggest fish"! haha. ahhh memories.

also, you need to purchase your derby ticket prior to bringing in your tagged fish or your tag will not count.
last year the tickets were only $5 and they were good for the whole length of the derby.