PDA

View Full Version : Check out this bad boy I saw at work today!

Lumpy
11-11-2012, 01:27 PM
He mass some serious mass!!
God Bless

hooks
11-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Nice buck!!! You guys doin' any hirein'? LOL

BIG_ONE
11-11-2012, 04:42 PM
All the big boys knows where the safe zone is at...darn it.

CRABBY
11-11-2012, 04:48 PM
All the big boys knows where the safe zone is at...darn it.

LOL,common at my house in no mans land...Lucky for them I don't like to eat em..HAAAAAAAA

tennesseemike
11-11-2012, 08:48 PM
What zone county or town is that? Saw a good wild justice of a guy getiing popped in Dec shooting bucks in Alta Sierra near Grass valley

HMONG_James_Vang
11-12-2012, 08:50 AM
oh boy... =)

BIG_ONE
11-12-2012, 10:59 AM
LOL,common at my house in no mans land...Lucky for them I don't like to eat em..HAAAAAAAA

One day...I will make sure you crave for venison like many crave for salmon. LOL.

49erbassman
11-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Lucky for me I don't really care to eat any of it! That's one thing that keeps me from getting my hunting license.....no catch n release lol. I have been eager to shoot some birds though and I do eat most of those

Sent from my iPhone

CRABBY
11-12-2012, 12:40 PM
One day...I will make sure you crave for venison like many crave for salmon. LOL.I like venison Jerky if it's marinated right an seasoned good,that's what I did with the last deer I shot, the whole thing got sliced up an made into jerky,took a year + to do it an finish the useable meat up,the rest went back to mother nature,LOL....Don

CRABBY
11-12-2012, 12:55 PM
What zone county or town is that? Saw a good wild justice of a guy getiing popped in Dec shooting bucks in Alta Sierra near Grass valleyYeah we have our fair share of poachers,wild justice has been up here many times,right down the road from me twice.A few years back me an a couple of young Marines just discharged trapped a guy poachin by my house,I called Larry P------- (Our local Warden an Friend at the time) he got the sheriff to block a few dirt roads off an we detained the guy,Larry got there an arrested him.Turns out the guys wife was a butcher at a local supermarket an they were processing an selling the meat there to their preferred clients,the store owners didn't know about their black market stuff.Life in the boonies,LOL.....Don

tennesseemike
11-13-2012, 06:28 PM
!Last buck I got was 2 seasons ago. The big part of Ca's mgmt issues are because of low-lifes that poach. In 6 years my daughter will be old enough to hunt deer. I just hope F&G keeps these guys from killing (poaching) them so that my kids are fortunate enough to enjoy the sport and feed themselves. Can't stand people who try and make a buck from a buck! They are here for us to hunt and enjoy spending the outdoors with our families. If jerks kill them out of season...that ruins it for the people who obey the rules.

luckyraider
12-15-2012, 06:03 PM
Poaching and selling venison is pretty low but the main part of Calif. management issues walks on four legs and has a long tail or rolls on four wheels. I can think of nothing worse than allowing a top predator to exist with no population control. Public lands tough, it sucks. A few get out ahead and score but for most, you spend time and money for very little success.
Deer hunting in Calif. is mostly a private land success story. If you have private with little or no hunting then you have lots of deer. Of course during season their mostly nocturnal so you dont get to see them as much, but the rest of the year they come and go depending on the food and weather. We had 6 or so shooter bucks and the same amount of forks moving thru during the rut,very cool. I know there are great stories that come from public land every year but theyre few and far between. The buck pictured is bigger by far than any we have around here though hes got some muley genes in him. But theres a reason he lives in town. Just wait till the grey wolf establishes itself in the Sierras. If DFG was smart theyd go to a draw or close certain zones to over the counter tag sales, like they do in the Rockies. And Crabby i agree the best way to eat most Calif. deer is a full jerky job. It takes us about 5 hrs to strip a full animal (backstraps not included of course). :pirate:

bretmoua
12-21-2012, 05:18 PM
Poaching and selling venison is pretty low but the main part of Calif. management issues walks on four legs and has a long tail or rolls on four wheels. I can think of nothing worse than allowing a top predator to exist with no population control. Public lands tough, it sucks. A few get out ahead and score but for most, you spend time and money for very little success.
Deer hunting in Calif. is mostly a private land success story. If you have private with little or no hunting then you have lots of deer. Of course during season their mostly nocturnal so you dont get to see them as much, but the rest of the year they come and go depending on the food and weather. We had 6 or so shooter bucks and the same amount of forks moving thru during the rut,very cool. I know there are great stories that come from public land every year but theyre few and far between. The buck pictured is bigger by far than any we have around here though hes got some muley genes in him. But theres a reason he lives in town. Just wait till the grey wolf establishes itself in the Sierras. If DFG was smart theyd go to a draw or close certain zones to over the counter tag sales, like they do in the Rockies. And Crabby i agree the best way to eat most Calif. deer is a full jerky job. It takes us about 5 hrs to strip a full animal (backstraps not included of course). :pirate:

Really? That's weird cause I have been getting one on BLM, and the Sierra National Forest for the past 6 years straight. It just takes a lot of patience and A LOT of boot burning. I see a lot of people driving in their cars and just poking their head out of the window to glass for deer. Maybe those are the hunters who have little success. Everyone knows that the bucks are in the forest, deeper away from the roads and to be successful, you have to be willing to park your car, get on foot, and actually go look for it.
That's just my 2 cents!

luckyraider
12-22-2012, 11:00 AM
Thats an impressive run- six bucks in six straight years. Good job. Any mature ones? Bow or rifle? Lets hear the details- some pics maybe. This thread is pretty slow so any and all opinions are cool. It sounds like you are doin your homework. Anyway point is deer hunting in the western states is not close to what it used to and should be. Roadhunters are not the problem they pay their money and hunt easy, leaving the deer alone for the most part. :pirate:

dabalone
12-22-2012, 12:00 PM
I quit hunting deer years ago, but when I did it was the B zones and with a bow. One thing about bowhunting is you get to see more of the deer population in a given area before the rifle hunters arrive to sight in their rifles where they hunt. Always got a kick out of that if I did have to go back to get my buck with a rifle.

We used to see 15 to 30 does for every buck back then and the bucks were mostly little forks with the occasional shooter buck. Never have a good population of quality bucks until the state starts managing the doe population, you have to harvest some does the ratio is out of wack. Most of my family still hunt and I have several family members and friends living in the Burney area, they work in the logging industry and will all tell you there is a mountain lion problem also, they find lion kills all the time and their tracks are all over the forest service roads.

bretmoua
12-24-2012, 04:50 PM
Thats an impressive run- six bucks in six straight years. Good job. Any mature ones? Bow or rifle? Lets hear the details- some pics maybe. This thread is pretty slow so any and all opinions are cool. It sounds like you are doin your homework. Anyway point is deer hunting in the western states is not close to what it used to and should be. Roadhunters are not the problem they pay their money and hunt easy, leaving the deer alone for the most part. :pirate:

I don't let a legal buck slide by. My theory is, if it's legal, it's going down. I'm all for meat in the freezer and I can care less about the racks. My friends have been waiting on good racks and are now 4 years straight without a buck. They do see legal bucks too, it's just waiting for a nice rack to appear. Last year, I posted a pic of my legal buck that I shot at noon. This year, the buck I shot towards the evening is about the same size so I didn't post it up. I did, however, post up a pic of my first bear ever. It was a cinnamon color with blonde streaks on the back, female. So far, it's been 6 bucks in 6 years, and 1 bear during my first year of bear hunting. Again, the game animals are out there. You just have to do your homework by pre scouting and during season, be willing to put in some major boot rubber burning. Oh and in case you are wondering where my luck is, it's in zone D7.

BigUnInDaBoat
06-17-2013, 07:39 PM
Nice buck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!